Bot not receiving/using coins from Butcher

Previous topic - Next topic

DuvDivan

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a previously known problem, but as far as I can tell the bots never receive or use their coins from using Butcher.

Ingix

I can partially confirm this. I set up a game with 5 AI and Butcher and watched what happens: #1828613

The following shows that the AIs do receive their coin tokens and make use of them:

Turn 9 - Scout Rush
S plays a Butcher.
S trashes an Estate.
S gains a Silver.
S plays 2 Coppers and a Silver.
S buys and gains a Library

1 coin token is used up immediately by Butcher (Estate --> Silver), 1 coin token is used when the AI buys the Library. Similar plays happened several times, sometimes with an Estate --> Silver tranformation, sometimes with Copper --> Squire

However, one turn seems to suggest that the bots at least use up their coin token, if needed or not:

Turn 15 - Scout Rush
S plays a Butcher.
S trashes an Estate.
S gains a Silver.
S plays a Copper, a Silver and a Gold.
S buys and gains a Duchy.

The AI should still have one coin token after Butcher, but it is not there at the end of the turn, even though the treasures played would be enough to buy the Duchy without using up coin tokens.

A similar thing happens in game #1829069:

Turn 8 - Scout Rush
S plays a Butcher.
S trashes an Estate.
S gains a Moat.
S plays 2 Coppers.
S buys and gains a Moat.

Again, the AI should not need to use their 2 coin tokens to pay for the Moat, but it apparently has (the client shows no coin tokens for Scout Rush when my next turns starts). An extreme case is

Turn 16 - Revenge Witch
R plays a Butcher.
R trashes an Estate.
R gains a Silver.
R plays a Copper.
R draws 5 cards.

The AI doesn't even buy a card, but still it has no coin token left after the turn.

My assumption is that the game works according to the rules (the AIs get their coin token and can use them immediately for Butcher or later for buying), but that the AI will *always* spend the coin token, even if not needed.