[German translation] Collection of issues

Previous topic - Next topic

assemble_me

Quote from: Martin plays Piano on 06 April 2017, 03:51:51 PM
Raubzug (Pillage) - Nimm Dir 2 Beuten vom Beute-StapelNimm dir 2 Karten vom Beute-Stapel (Plural von Beute existiert nicht im Deutschen)

Yes it sounds strange, but there is a plural: http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Beute_Anteil_Opfer
tufftaeh corrected me about this in the first place ;)

Thanks checking all the card texts.

Ingix

When one has a Royal Seal in play or buys a Travelling Fair and then gains a card, the option to put the card on the deck is presented in English as

You gain a Chapel
and...
• may topdeck.

This misses the object (it would more completely read "may topdeck it"), but this seems understandable.

In German, the topdeck verb has been replaced by a clause (because we don't have that as a single verb)

Du nimmst eine Kapelle
und...
• darfst * auf den Nachziehstapel legen.

The * is not actually there but represents the place where in German the object name would have to go. Using pronouns, this would be "er/sie/es/sie" for male/female/neutral/plural genus.

assemble_me

Changed to:

"darfst die Karte auf den Nachziehstapel legen"

which sounds nice enough to me if the card itself is named in the line above.
With a bit more effort we could probably get the card name itself again, but I'd prefer it this way.

Ingix

Of course, the easiest solutions is the one I never come up with  ;)

Psyduck

Overlord says "Wähle Karte zum Immitieren" in the play area and "Welche Karte soll immitiert werden." in the log.

Should be "Wähle Karte zum Imitieren" and "Welche Karte soll imitiert werden?"

Ingix

The phrase used in the log when Wine Merchant/Weinhändler can be discarded from the Tavern Mat has always been scrambled in German. I always assumed it was also scrambled in English as well, but when I recently started playing with the English UI from time to time I realized that this wasn't the case. The "END_OF_BUY_PHASE"-placeholder is only present in the German version, while English and Russion have it correct, see attached picture. So I guess this was just forgotten in the translation.

Added: My suggestion would be to use "beendest die Kaufphase" instead of "END_OF_BUY_PHASE" and "legst den Weinhändler ab" instead of just "Weinhändler".

Psyduck

When playing Stonemason, the box in the middle of the screen asks me to discard a card ("Handkarte ablegen") instead of trashing one ("Handkarte entsorgen"). The log is correct ("Entsorge eine Karte aus deiner Hand."), though.

Psyduck

Quotem bekommt +1 Buy (von Seeweg)

Should be
Quotem bekommt +1 Kauf (von Seeweg)