News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Torturer 1-card bug

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeBunnyNewt1

When you have 1 card in hand and the Torturer is played against you, you should be able to opt for "the option you cannot do" which is discard 2 cards, leaving your hand intact.

However, the interface only presents the option to take a curse.

Ingix

I agree that the option to discard 2 cards should be presented. I disagree that it should result in no damage to your hand. The (to me obvious) result would be that you discard as much as you can, namely your one and only card.

JunkDealer

According to the Wiki

QuoteA player can choose to gain a Curse even with no Curses left (and thus not gain one), or to discard 2 cards even with one or zero cards in hand (discarding their only card if they have one).

Ingix

I have tried to replicate the situation in a game against 5 bots and it happened in game #2118958 on turn 11 of "Bad Advisor": After having discarded 4 cards to 2 previous Torturers in that 'round', I was faced with another Torturer and exactly one card in hand.

The game worked as it should: After I had clicked on my card in hand, it continued the game. So either this was fixed very recently, or SomeBunnyNewt1 was mistaken in his original situation.

Addendum: In game #2119267 I got myself down to 0 cards before being attacked by Torture (turn 9 Bad Advisor). The game correctly gave me the option to gain a curse but also the option not to gain one. This is also as it should be.

Stef

Quote from: Ingix on 22 March 2017, 08:03:18 PM
I have tried to replicate the situation in a game against 5 bots and it happened in game #2118958 on turn 11 of "Bad Advisor": After having discarded 4 cards to 2 previous Torturers in that 'round', I was faced with another Torturer and exactly one card in hand.

The game worked as it should: After I had clicked on my card in hand, it continued the game. So either this was fixed very recently, or SomeBunnyNewt1 was mistaken in his original situation.

There was no fix, SomeBunnyNewt1 was just confused/wrong about the Dominion rules. (S)he apparently thought you were allowed to keep your one card in hand on a Torturer attack without taking a curse, but you're not. You have to either discard that card or take a curse.