Possession + Ill Gotten Gains & Bridge Troll

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintO

While I possessed another player, I bought an Ill Gotten Gains (via Black Market) on his turn. I gained both the IGG and the curse card. Maybe that's a bug, maybe not, but looking online it seems like the possessed player should have received the curse. Clarification appreciated.

Second issue is that while I possessed the player, I still got the bridge troll discount while it was in play back on my side of the table. Is that correct? That definitely seems like a bug, as I didn't think the possession turn was considered "on my turn."

Thanks for your continued efforts on the new platform. Very much appreciated!

Stef

Quote from: SaintO on 23 March 2017, 06:46:17 PM
While I possessed another player, I bought an Ill Gotten Gains (via Black Market) on his turn. I gained both the IGG and the curse card. Maybe that's a bug, maybe not, but looking online it seems like the possessed player should have received the curse. Clarification appreciated.

Second issue is that while I possessed the player, I still got the bridge troll discount while it was in play back on my side of the table. Is that correct? That definitely seems like a bug, as I didn't think the possession turn was considered "on my turn."

Thanks for your continued efforts on the new platform. Very much appreciated!

Both are correct.

Possession sets up an effect "Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead". This first applies to the IGG, and a bit later also to the curse.

The Bridge Troll effect applies to the entire table, not just one side of it. (Unless you mean it was still going on when it was you regular turn again, that would be a bug)

Ingix

@SaintO: In the lower right below the game log the game client will show the game number. If you think you found a bug, give that number in your post and, if possible, the turn on which it happened. That game number allows anybody (including Stef) to reload that game and take a look at what happened.

This can help if the situation is complicated and can't easily be described, or if maybe there is some other effect that you forgot to take into account (Enchantress has popped up a few times in cases of 'mysterious bugs', and I saw it just seconds before almost also posting a bug report for a card not working).

tufftaeh

Quote from: Stef on 23 March 2017, 07:33:54 PM
[...] Second issue is that while I possessed the player, I still got the bridge troll discount while it was in play back on my side of the table. Is that correct? That definitely seems like a bug, as I didn't think the possession turn was considered "on my turn."

Both are correct. [...]

The Bridge Troll effect applies to the entire table, not just one side of it. (Unless you mean it was still going on when it was you regular turn again, that would be a bug)

The Bridge Troll says "on your turns". So if you play a Bridge Troll and a Possession on your turn, you should not get that Bridge Troll's discount in the subsequent Possession turn, because that turn is your opponent's turn, right?

jeebus

Quote from: tufftaeh on 24 March 2017, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: Stef on 23 March 2017, 07:33:54 PM
[...] Second issue is that while I possessed the player, I still got the bridge troll discount while it was in play back on my side of the table. Is that correct? That definitely seems like a bug, as I didn't think the possession turn was considered "on my turn."

Both are correct. [...]

The Bridge Troll says "on your turns". So if you play a Bridge Troll and a Possession on your turn, you should not get that Bridge Troll's discount in the subsequent Possession turn, because that turn is your opponent's turn, right?

Yes, I don't get Stef's reply here. The issue seems to have been that the Bridge Troll was in play on SaintO's side of the table, meaning that they had played it on their turn. The discount should indeed not be in effect on the Possession turn, since that was not SaintO's turn.

Stef

Quote from: jeebus on 28 March 2017, 02:38:35 AM
Yes, I don't get Stef's reply here. The issue seems to have been that the Bridge Troll was in play on SaintO's side of the table, meaning that they had played it on their turn. The discount should indeed not be in effect on the Possession turn, since that was not SaintO's turn.

I think the problem is that I didn't understand the description of the situation in the bugreport. Especially with complicated things like this it's so much easier if people can provide the game number.