Labyrinth/Dominate - Province not counted as a card gained

Previous topic - Next topic

ffejselur

Had 2 buys/$14. Bought Dominate, then a Copper to get the 2 Labyrinth points - but I didn't get them. Dominate card text starts with "Gain a Province..." so I gained a Province and a Copper.

Ingix

Sounds like a bug. Do you have the game number of that game?

Rabid

Working fine for me.
Could all the VP chips already been claimed?

R plays a Bridge.
R plays 6 Golds.
R buys a Dominate.
R gains a Province.
R gets 9 VP.
R buys and gains a Copper.
R takes 2 VP from Labyrinth.

ffejselur

It was late and I was too tired to take notes. I guess I messed up, sorry.

Ingix

No need to be sorry. It should just become "second nature" to write down the game number, because the game is so solid that bugs are actually rare and probably involve the interaction of several cards or other circumstances. I'll try to reproduce a setting sometimes, but then I can't know if there maybe was some special card interaction that was not mentioned.

For example, in http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1226 one known bug is "Some (maybe all) Cards that affect the player to your left/right go the wrong way". Since I almost exclusively play 2-player games, I would never have caught this bug, because in 2-player, left=right.

AdamH

Does the game log itself include the game number? If the game number was in more places I'd be more likely to write it down.

I know in the chat it appears but is it in the game log as well? If I'm chatting with an opponent it can be difficult to find the game number, especially because incoming messages will cause the chat window to snap down to the bottom.

ffejselur

Quote from: Ingix on 29 March 2017, 02:46:05 PM
No need to be sorry. It should just become "second nature" to write down the game number.
Thanks Ingix. I was "AFK" at the time using just my wireless mouse and HDMI connected TV so it would've been a hassle to get up just to find a way to record stuff. I checked the wiki, and looked so closely I felt sure this was a bug someone else could easily reproduce, which is why I posted anyways, but I guess not. Maybe another interaction was involved. In future, won't post bug unless I have game #.
Quote from: Ingix on 29 March 2017, 02:46:05 PM
For example, in http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1226 one known bug is "Some (maybe all) Cards that affect the player to your left/right go the wrong way". Since I almost exclusively play 2-player games, I would never have caught this bug, because in 2-player, left=right.
I actually posted about that here: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1329.msg4188#msg4188 and from Watno's reply "I investigated this and the issue seems to be a confusion of left and right (on our side)." appear to have helped them discover this. (I noticed Treasure Hunter gaining(?) Silver was based on wrong player.)

Ingix

Quote from: AdamH on 29 March 2017, 03:57:59 PM
Does the game log itself include the game number? If the game number was in more places I'd be more likely to write it down.

It seems to be only on top of the chat, which scrolls down when the chat is used, as you mentioned. Even on the end screen it is nowhere else to be seen. I think adding it somewhere visible on the end screen might be a good idea.