-1 card markers/ -1 coin markers

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingix

Having checked version 1.2, the -1 card marker and -1 coin marker still only exist in the game log, not in any visual representation. I also realized that while Relict and Borrow will create an entry in the log when they put the -1 card marker on some deck, Bridge Troll does not say this.It works (the marker is taken into account), but this is still not a good situation without a visual representation.

From game #2482505:

Turn 13 - Ingix
I plays a Bridge Troll
I plays a Copper

Turn 14 - Lord Rattington
L plays a Silver
L returns -Coin token set by Bridge Troll.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Ingix on 31 March 2017, 11:56:21 PM
Having checked version 1.2, the -1 card marker and -1 coin marker still only exist in the game log, not in any visual representation. I also realized that while Relict and Borrow will create an entry in the log when they put the -1 card marker on some deck, Bridge Troll does not say this.It works (the marker is taken into account), but this is still not a good situation without a visual representation.

From game #2482505:

Turn 13 - Ingix
I plays a Bridge Troll
I plays a Copper

Turn 14 - Lord Rattington
L plays a Silver
L returns -Coin token set by Bridge Troll.

This one is very annoying.

There is no quick way to determine if the -1 coin token is still in effect or not. A player is left to infer that the -1 token is in effect based on an opponent's Bridge Troll, but what if I had a Lighthouse in play? Now I have to check two things in the log, neither of which completely describes the event (BT doesn't indicate the token was given; Lighthouse doesn't indicate the token attack was prevented).

There needs to be a visual indicator somewhere.

AdamH

The visual indicator really should be in that box in the middle of the screen -- the one that always displays how much money you have. Maybe it can be elsewhere, but it should definitely be there. I think debt should also be there BTW.

I tried putting these tokens in other places when playing IRL and quickly found that it's very easy to forget that these exist, so I put them right in front of me in the middle of the play area so that they annoy me the most. With duration attacks it can kind of work for the opponent who played the attack to have to help enforce their own attack, but with these types of tokens it's much harder.

Dwedit

Seriously, we need to see the -1 coin/-1 card markers somehow.

Cave-O-Sapien

Is this going to be fixed before the tournament?

jeebus

Implementing Nocturne is priority one, remember? These tokens are just "nice to have" and will have to wait for a later date. I was the only one not happy with those priorities.

Ingix

I just checked again all effects that can distribute those tokens(-1 card: Relic, Borrow, Raid; -1 coin: Bridge Troll, Ball) (did I miss any?) and it while the -1 card token effects all put their effect in the log, the Bridge Troll and Ball *both* do not do so.

While a visual representation would of course be preferrable, I assume that adding a log line for those 2 would be relatively easy to do (like recently for revealing the bane for Young Witch).