New Release - one tiny fix

Previous topic - Next topic

ffejselur

First I have to say that I really like the direction things are going overall. Unlike those who complained about the recent downtime, I have to say that overall the stability of the game has been great for me, way better than MF (or my cable TV provider :P), so great job. There is just one small but significant thing in the new Matching Tab that should be changed however: you have the 2 boxes labelled "Find a Game" and "Find a Practice Game". The wording "Find a Practice Game" is not the best. I don't know if you have any data on what percentage of all games played involve bots, but having looked at the table listings I'm sure it's significant. Some people like the advantages of playing bots - no worries about trolls, or about bothering anyone by playing slow, being able to come and go as you please, etc. To many, those are "real" games. To call them just "practice" games carries the connotation that they're not "real", that their proper use is only to prepare one to play "real" games. While you and those like you may see it that way, many do not. No worries, however, the fix is trivially easy: simply changing "Find a Practice Game" to "Find an Unrated Game" would solve this issue. I hope you will consider this for your next release.

twasa

I agree. I don't consider a casual game against a human opponent to be practice. It is a game where I'm playing for fun rather than just a win.

ffejselur

Excellent point twasa - this doesn't just apply to bot games, but to casual games v human(s) as well.