Missing the most: April edition

Previous topic - Next topic

mutecebu

1) AI (both harder and easier settings)
2) Tutorial for new players
3) Tutorial for experienced players.

("Right click on cards to read their text" is the big one.)

Honorable mention: make the white-text-on-patterned-background more aesthetically appealing. Perhaps just using a different font, or better anti-aliasing?

JunkDealer

Aside from everything I stated for March (<begin rant> of which I think are still outstanding, which perhaps tells me that I do not jive with the designers since they are asking for more input despite the fact that there is a large list of things in March, and in the actual already set out feature list that have not been developed to really be asking for more things to develop.... <end rant>)

- stats.... How many games have I played... win/loss ratio.... win/loss ration per player, etc...

Beyond Awesome

1) Most important I want this game to be more accessible to less hardcore players such as myself. So, #1 make it so players don't need the log to play.
2) Better AI
3) Campaigns.

All three of these are ideas I feel are more aimed at the more casual player, and the last two will also help get an offline version off the ground as well.

As a hardcore player, with a couple of things here and there, I am actually pleased with everything overall, but it is not us experienced players that you need to sell, it's those who can walk away at any minute and find another game to invest their time into.

werothegreat

The reveal areas for Harbinger/Scheme/etc. still need to be bigger.  Scrollable, for preference.

werothegreat

Lookout (and similar cards) should still reveal the cards revealed (or looked at) even if it's all the same card and no real decision needs to be made.

wargames83

The player should be able to choose the order for top-decking cards. There should be a way to see what other cards are in split piles and see what prize cards are left in the prize pile. The various icons should have explanations when you click or arrow over them.

werothegreat

A way to message players outside of a game would be nice.

idontplaythisgame

A mobile client would be lovely. I miss being able to play on my phone with the same level of comfort I experience on a computer.

gitsticker8

1)  Allow less time and implement /ignore and /report. I believe the issue with slow rolling is extremely obnoxious and more of a design flaw than an issue with abusive players.  If the game is vulnerable to abuse, players will abuse it unless it is fixed.  4 minutes per action is waaaay too much time allowed.  How about 5 minutes per turn with 5 seconds added to the clock per action?  This would prevent much of the slow rolling but still provide plenty of extra time to allow people to chain out their engines.

2)  I don't believe in a blacklist option.  Look at at other competitive online multiplayer games such as Blizzard's Overwatch and Starcraft.  You can't blacklist people.  You can choose to /ignore their chat and you can /report them.  If they get many consecutive reports, they get warnings/bans.  Allowing a blacklist just gives the player the power to choose who they play against which helps them game the leaderboard, not good.  The blacklist issue stems from the slow-rolling abuse as well as abusive chat, both of which could be addressed by #1 above.  If you don't appreciate someone's behavior, simply type "ignored and reported" and disable chat.  It will be the end of the conversation and you will have done your part in making sure justice is served.  Of course the other side of the coin is moderators have to be on top of managing reports and dealing out warnings/bans.

3)  Rematch is great but it shouldn't be rated. The only games that should be rated are games that the matching system sets up.  Players should have no power to choose their opponents in rated games, otherwise the system is vulnerable to abuse such as win-trading (I match with a friend's alternate account and we purposefully spam multiple games to boost our ratings).

Thanks for reading!

santamonica811

Missing the most?  A "May Edition" of 'missing the most.'  :)

jeebus

I just want to say that Gitsticker8 has some great points in #1 and #2. "5 minutes per turn with 5 seconds added to the clock per action" would be a huge improvement. Then you can't slowroll each action. (And I just experienced that if my machine crashes, as it currently is it takes more than 4 minutes to start up and log on again, so maybe 5 minutes would be enough.)

Buttons for silencing and reporting users are no-brainers really. And yes: many reports should lead to warnings/bans.

JW

Taking into consideration the perceived benefit / ease of implementation ratio:
Missing the most, May:
1) Buttons to silence chat from an opponent, and to report users.
2) Visual displays of -Card/Coin tokens and Duration attacks.
3) Display bottom card in Empires split-card piles.
4) Remove "pretend to think" (on Gladiator, not sure what else has it) - when autoplay features are implemented later, add it as an option that can be toggled on.
5) Create official FAQ based on great unofficial FAQ by Chris (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1100.0), link to it in the client instead, and keep it updated for new releases.

Stef

Quote from: josh bornstein on 05 May 2017, 06:41:04 AM
Missing the most?  A "May Edition" of 'missing the most.'  :)

No sorry I'll skip a month with this thread. Already plenty of work for May, and I'd rather ask again when there is a reasonable chance the answers will determine what we're going to build next. Only asking when it actually has impact will hopefully keep people motivated to provide feedback in these threads.

Dwedit

Quote from: markus on 07 April 2017, 07:23:02 PM
1) Visibility of opponent's duration attacks and -1 coin/card tokens.

2) Being able to see what exactly the duration cards /set aside cards are. For example, with Throne Room it's not always clear to me which duration is throned. For Haven and Archive I would like to be able to see which cards are set aside / how many cards my opponent has set aside in each Archive. (I'm not sure whether the rules technically allow you to look at the cards in each Archive other than at the start of the turn, but with a complete log available, it's just a pain to go back to the last turns and figure out what cards are in the Archives.)

3) Reduce necessity of having to look at / use log.

THIS.

yinzanat

I'd like to see the buttons in Black Market fixed.  The "Don't play treasures" button is in the same space as "Play all treasures" for normal buys.  That's about the only thing I've ever undone.

Some cards that order cards on top of the deck or to be played (Golem, Sentry, Wandering Minstrel) order from top to bottom while others go bottom to top.  Would be nice if they all went the same way.

Greater visibility of the opponents duration attacks would be nice.