Black List/Reporting Players

Previous topic - Next topic

olafphysics

There seems to be some similar posts but none that directly addresses players that get angry, swear, and quit.  Is there a way to report these players?

The latest particular example:  playing with black marker and bishop (both slow down game play) - user's name removed
Joining game #2573599 on tokyo.
--:  faster pls
--:  fuck off slow moron
olafphysics:  ?
--:  leave this game dfor people
--:  idiot
--:  slow luser
-- left the table.
olafphysics:  going as fast as the game is letting me

I was up 67 - 41 with 3 Provence left
----------
olafphysics

Jacob Marley

Fortunately, Stef has stated that personal blacklists are next on his to-do list.  I hope this includes a reporting button that flags the game for the Dev's/Mod's attention so that action can be taken against the offender as appropriate.

zipzip

That'd be good. Sometimes poor sportsmanship doesn't even make sense...this player said 'gg' after I gained 3 provinces, but then just left the table forcing me to wait until they had to resign.

Edit by LaLight: removed this image, because public name & shame is not something we believe in.

Jacob Marley

That could have been a mistake or carelessness, not intent to troll you.

Mike Thicke

A lot of people don't seem to understand that closing the browser window doesn't resign you. I've thoughtlessly closed the window a couple times, though I did realize and come back.

ATTACKBOAT

Quote from: zipzip on 05 April 2017, 02:59:40 AM
That'd be good. Sometimes poor sportsmanship doesn't even make sense...this player said 'gg' after I gained 3 provinces, but then just left the table forcing me to wait until they had to resign.

I just watched this player do something very similar. They will likely end up on more than a few blacklists.

SirReal

Edit by LaLight: removed this post, because public name & shame is not something we believe in.

dadalu

I had a very similar experience with the same player

Could we play a bit faster pls - was my request

Answer - fucking extension player

you moron....

on and on ... I left which unfortunately moves him up in points, but I really cannot take this kind of language. Someone like this should really be banned altogether.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: dadalu on 15 April 2017, 09:54:35 AM
Could we play a bit faster pls - was my request

Comments like this drive me insane. I see it as a bullying tactic.

Jacob Marley

I just ignore comments like that.