News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Game doesn't end

Previous topic - Next topic

tufftaeh

Game #3782003 on Frankfurt:
After playing a Villa, a Conspirator and a Shanty town, I bought the last Province and then a Tunnel ... and then drew 5 new cards, and the center box said: 1 action 1 buy 0 coin - You may buy cards.

tufftaeh

I suppose this is caused by the server breakdown...

mark1878

No not due to the server that is how all games end for me now and has been for the last few weeks.

Ingix

I have this same effect in a new location I sometimes play from. In 95% of cases the game ends visually as described, without going through the end-of-game screen. This only happens when the game ends according to the game rules; if I resign, I do get the end-of-game screen.

This new location is behind a small business router, so maybe some connections from the outside do not get routed through.

I'd like to point out that the game has ended from the point of view of the servers. The one rated game I played from there ended as described (no end-of-game screen), but was tabulated as a victory for me, so it can't have been a disconnect or something similar. It is still an inconvenience, because the end-of-game screen does contain useful information.

livresque

I found the kick and resign feature on the log in screen the only way to get out of this, and it does the trick!