News:

SMF - Just Installed!

doctor and ruins

Previous topic - Next topic

bedlam

game #3097022 turn 17, I played a doctor and named abandoned mine, the log showed that I named ruins, I revealed two abandoned mines but was not able to trash them. Doctor should name a specific card, not a card type.

Rabid

Loading the replay and playing Turn 17 I get:
I named Abandoned Mine, by typing ab, then using selecting from the autocomplete list.
I get named Ruins in the log if I click on the Ruins pile.

Turn 17 - Rabid
R plays a Grand Market.
R draws a Doctor.
R plays a Wandering Minstrel.
R draws a Silver.
R reveals a Grand Market and 2 Abandoned Mines.
R topdecks a Grand Market and 2 Abandoned Mines.
R plays a Doctor.
R names Abandoned Mine.
R trashes 2 Abandoned Mines.
R topdecks a Grand Market.
R draws a Grand Market.
R reveals an Estate, an Altar and a Survivors.
R topdecks an Altar and a Survivors.
R discards an Estate.

Your Log:
Turn 17 - Rabid
R plays a Grand Market.
R draws a Doctor.
R draws a Silver.
R topdecks a Grand Market and 2 Abandoned Mines.
R plays a Doctor.
R names Ruins.

bedlam

I also had an abandoned mine in my hand so I 'named a card' by clicking on it and ended up naming 'ruins'. Should I be able to name a specific card by clicking it? I'm glad you were able to recreate my bug, but I'm not sure what you are telling me. You are giving me instructions on how to correctly name a card in the future, but is this a bug that should be fixed? I would think that since every thing else on this interface is clicking, then you should also be able to name a specific card by clicking it.

fisherman

This is definitely a bug. Clicking a card in your hand should name that card, not its type. Clicking the Ruins pile should almost certainly name the top card of the pile, since there is basically no reason you would ever want to name "Ruins".

At least there is a workaround for now.

Rabid

I'm just a user, just trying to help identify the exact bug.
This:
"I also had an abandoned mine in my hand so I 'named a card' by clicking on it and ended up naming 'ruins'. "
Looks to be key.
On loading game 3273258.
I tried clicking the abandoned mine from hand to name a card for doctor.
And it worked correctly.
Are you sure you didn't click the ruins pile?
That is the only way I can recreate the issue.
(Or it has already been fixed?)

Fisherman, did you manage to recreate the bug?

I agree Ruins should probably not be nameable, but that is unhelpful interface, not a bug.

Ingix

Quote from: Rabid on 02 May 2017, 07:13:44 PM
I tried clicking the abandoned mine from hand to name a card for doctor.
And it worked correctly.
Are you sure you didn't click the ruins pile?
That is the only way I can recreate the issue.

I tried reloading old games mentioned here and I tried playing new games with Doctor/Ruins. I could not recreate the bug, that means both clicking on Ruin cards in hand and on the Ruins pile named the correct card. Game #3273258 seems to be a recent game, but to me it looks like it's a recreation of the original #3097022. So maybe this bug really is fixed, although I didn't find anything in the release logs that would indicate somethinf to that effect.

Dwedit

I'm sure you can name specific ruins (Abandoned Mine, Ruined Village/Library/Market, Survivors) and it will pick just that one ruin for Doctor.  Doctor and other Name a Card type cards do badly against piles with distinct names.