Inheritance Estate/Fortress Trashing Locks Up Client

Previous topic - Next topic

pingpongsam

I've done some testing since this happened in a live game and it does not happen reliably but it does happen often. The bug is compound in that I believe there is a visual component to it as well.

Setup:
Have a board with trashing (I used Upgrade, Butcher, and Catapult)
Include Inheritance
Include Fortress

Play the Inheritance event onto Fortress.

The Crash Bug:
Trashing the Estate/Fortresses will eventually lock up the client and no amount of logging out, refreshing, etc. will unlock it.
The crash occurs when you select a card to trash and press the TRASH button to execute the trashing. The TRASH button goes away but the "You may trash a card" text remains above the player's hand and at the bottom of the log.

The Visual Bug:
The Estates do correctly come back to hand and in cases such as Upgrade or Apprentice the on-trash-benefit is correct for a 2 cost card being trashed. However, when the Estate comes back to hand it appears visually to be a standard estate and no longer bears the modified test of Fortress (although it will continue to behave as modified Estate until the crash).

Incidental Data:
I have waited the game out for awhile and then hit refresh and the visual bug was corrected in hand but the interface was still locked up. However the log read:
p
plays a Butcher
p
trashes an Estate
p
puts an Estate
into their hand.
Estate loses track of Estate (it moved).

jeebus

I don't know if this is related to the bug, but I don't think "Estate loses track of Estate" should occur. This line must be referring to the when-trash ability on Estate-as-Fortress. Since that ability itself moves the Estate, it doesn't lose track of it.

What does lose track of the Estate, is Butcher's ability. But that doesn't matter, because Butcher's ability doesn't try to move the card after losing track of it. It just checks the cost.