Undo with villa

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDagen

After un undo request (Joining game #3225695 on oregon) the game is stuck. I cannot play any cards, click the end turn button nor add another undo. I am simply stuck. Had to resign.
Greetings,
SirDagen

Ingix

Can you explain in a little more detail what happened? With "Undo", naturally the game log does not show everything that happened, because that's the nature of "Undo".

When I load the game, you have just played a Villa on turn 11. I assume you used undo on that, because your Screenshot shows that you started turn 11 with playing a Patrol. When I do that as well, everything works as expected: I draw the 3 cards, reveal 4 cards, get the victory card (Distant Lands) to my hand and have to reorder the 3 others to put back. At that point I can continue to play treasures.

What is strange in your log from the screenshot is that it shows that 4 cards are revealed for that Patrol (Gold, Poacher, Patrol, Distant Land){correct}, then the Distant Land is put into your hand (as also shown graphically){correct}, but then only the Gold and Patrol are topdecked, with the Poacher "gone missing"{incorrect}.

I'm not sure how that happened, I could not reproduce that and I tried all 6 possible ways to rearrange the 3 card to be topdecked. I assume that this is the cause of being stuck: The game wanted to know the 3rd card to topdeck, but it wasn't given any. Did you do any uncommon things when rearranging the cards to be topdecked?

SirDagen

Dear Ingix

I gladly will give you additional information.

I think I was a few turns further ahead in this game. Then I typed /undo, chose the dot to return to and nothing happened (except the usual cancel undo dialog that didnt work). I then reloaded the website (Ctrl+R) and found myself on the screen I shot and posted where I couldnt do/click anything. I didnt do any rearranging.

I hope I do remember everything correctly. It sure sounds you could need a log for all the actions a player does including the undos and rewinds.

Thanks for looking into it.
Greetings,
SirDagen

Ingix

Thanks for the additional info. But I guess this is something the devs need to look into, because as I said, the log as accessable from the outside by reloading the game just goes to the position I described.