Possession Cleared the Log

Previous topic - Next topic

idontplaythisgame

Game #3243024 on frankfurt

After the loading screen at the end of the Possession turn, the log would clear and the first line would be the list of cards my opponent drew after I Possessed them. Sorry if this isn't clear.

Edit: At the end of the game, the log came back. The first time I saw the bug was at the beginning of my opponent's turn 21, right after I played Possession on my turn 20.

severian666

confirm, the bug still exists, log cleared after each possession.

WhiteRabbit1981

I think this is on purpose and not a bug.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 31 August 2017, 06:08:12 PM
I think this is on purpose and not a bug.

Could someone elucidate what that purpose is?

I can understand making the decision that the game log should only show the last X turns; and I can understand the decision to have the game log show the entire game. But I don't see why, if the decision is the latter, the game log should not show both my turns and my opponent's possessed turns.

Even if you take the stance that the log shouldn't preserve turns where I possessed my opponent, it seems inconsistent to wipe the log of my previous (non-possessed) turns.

Ingix

I'm not sure how the log mechanism works, but considering that Possession itself is implemented via a reconnect (before and after the Possession turn), I guess it would just be to complicated to have a mechanism where the log knows that player A should be able to see what happened on turn X and Y of player B (because it was really a turn where A possessed B) but not what happened on turn Z (because that was a normal turm for player B).

Similiarly, on a turn where player A possesses player B, it should not show private information of player B's previous (non-possessed) turns, like what he draw and discarded. I just assumed that cutting the  log short at the transition points was the best practical method to not reveal too much information.