Rude player warning

Previous topic - Next topic

gitsticker8

The purpose of a rule is not to teach people human decency, that is well outside our scope.  It's to mitigate the impact those bad apples can have on others.  Sure, a blacklist will help perhaps...but having rules that are so easily abused is a welcome invitation for trolls and a big reason why they are such a problem.

You give people too much credit.  Of course we should all have human decency.  But that simply is not reality. 

Update: just beat a slow-roller.  Took me over 2 hours.  Said they were slow rolling because I got lucky drawing chapel with estates.  Do we really expect someone that deranged to know that what they're doing is against the rules when it's not explicitly said so?  And the game makes no effort to prevent it?

tufftaeh

Quote from: gitsticker8 on 06 May 2017, 06:20:59 PM
Update: just beat a slow-roller.  Took me over 2 hours.  Said they were slow rolling because I got lucky drawing chapel with estates.  Do we really expect someone that deranged to know that what they're doing is against the rules when it's not explicitly said so?  And the game makes no effort to prevent it?

Do you remember their username? Was that an unrated game? Or was it your second game against that player?

gitsticker8

It was a rated game. Not sure if it was my first time matching with them. I'm not a fan of public shaming so I won't post their username here.

mrfiat

So we can't publicly shame the slow rollers, etc, but then the moderators are not actively doing anything about the problem.  I'm still in a game with a slow roller.  I have been playing it for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  He is clicking on one card at a time as slow as he can since he is losing...  Hopefully you guys will come up with  solution for this soon.