Poll: Time allowed per turn/action. The issue of slow-rolling.

Previous topic - Next topic

Stef

I don't believe in a (simple) time limit to stop slow rolling.

In some games you just need to think, and however long that is, it's way longer then the acceptable time between playing coppers for your opponent. Possibly with a more advanced clock you could do something, but as long as it's just one timer setting it to some other timeout won't solve much.

I hope the blacklists will help, possibly we need to do more, and at some point we'll actually have that more advanced timer.

gitsticker8

SirDagen

There should be an easy to use button for resign and report.
Greetings,
SirDagen

mrfiat

This is a big problem for sure.  You do anything to piss someone off and some of them will slow roll you for an hour.  Others slow roll on purpose to get their ranking up.  (like asking if they are still there when they are taking forever or refusing to do undo)

I think no undo should be an option on matching as well.

You could make the time limit user adjustable before the game.  I would set it really low.

If you guys spend some time on it you could design an algorithm that detected when people are playing one card/treasure every X minutes.

A time clock would be a nice option as well.  Maybe add 5 seconds to it for each action you play.

My 2 cents.

Jacob Marley

Blacklists help for individual players, repeat offenders should be banned from multiplayer by the Mods/Admins.  Additionally, for rated games I'd like the ability to resign a game that features abusive play and report that game.  It would then be evaluated by a Mod and if the complaint is legit, the game would not affect the ratings.  That way players can feel free to quit on a slow-roller and not have their rating drop, while at the same time denying the slow-roller a ratings increase.

jeebus

5 minutes for the turn, but some seconds added per action performed. Maybe 10 seconds, but not less I think. Slowrolling will be severely gimped, and there should still be plenty of time to play your turn.

Ranna156

Quote from: Jacob Marley on 08 May 2017, 06:52:16 PM
Blacklists help for individual players, repeat offenders should be banned from multiplayer by the Mods/Admins.  Additionally, for rated games I'd like the ability to resign a game that features abusive play and report that game.  It would then be evaluated by a Mod and if the complaint is legit, the game would not affect the ratings.  That way players can feel free to quit on a slow-roller and not have their rating drop, while at the same time denying the slow-roller a ratings increase.

I think this sounds good in theory but in practice it wouldn't work so well. One you give the game moderators a ton of work to do. Two, there seem to be a lot of slow-rollers out there and even if you resign and your rating doesn't get affected it isn't fair to you if you were winning and you should have had the increase.

I do like the idea of a report game button function. I am tired of copying and pasting and PMing the moderators/admins.