Sore losers

Previous topic - Next topic

gitsticker8

Quote from: AdamH on 10 May 2017, 12:32:13 PM
Instead of slowplaying, the trolls are now just going to hit the report button on anyone they feel like.

This usually isn't too much of an issue with reporting.  The people who get looked at will be those who get reported multiple times.  Trolls will get reported lots of times.  They may report lots of people because they are trolls, but their reports will be spread out across a large population which usually doesn't result in one person getting reported many times by trolls alone.  In short, ya you will get reported by trolls, but not enough to warrant looking into your activities.

AdamH

Quote from: gitsticker8 on 10 May 2017, 03:30:10 PM
Quote from: AdamH on 10 May 2017, 12:32:13 PM
Instead of slowplaying, the trolls are now just going to hit the report button on anyone they feel like.

This usually isn't too much of an issue with reporting.  The people who get looked at will be those who get reported multiple times.  Trolls will get reported lots of times.  They may report lots of people because they are trolls, but their reports will be spread out across a large population which usually doesn't result in one person getting reported many times by trolls alone.  In short, ya you will get reported by trolls, but not enough to warrant looking into your activities.

You may be right, but that's not a reason to design a system that's open to abuse (what's to stop someone from making 55 accounts and reporting me on all of them whenever they want to?) A human being should look into it before a decision is made, which is even the case in your scenario.

gitsticker8

Oh, I don't disagree that a person should be making decisions about reports and bans.  The way it should work is if someone gets multiple reports, (let's say 10) then it triggers a review by a real person to see what they're being reported for.  I'd argue most people aren't going to be reported 10 times.  And if they are, then the number can be increased because let's face it...trolls will get reported more than average players so it should be obvious who needs to be looked at.

If somebody makes 50 accounts to report you, they would need to get in a game with you 50 times on each separate account to be successful.  I don't usually doubt the persistence of trolls, but that is a lot of effort and would be an extremely fringe scenario.  This is assuming the report function is only available while in or after a game with another person (as it should be imo).

Jacob Marley

I'm with Adam, problem users should be reported and reviewed by Mods.  If needed, warnings/bans/etc can be imposed on the problem users, otherwise the pairing system should not be messed with.

scone

I think it's telling that so many of the top threads are about this issue. I think allowing players to report abuse, and reviewing and punishing frequently reported players (with punishments up to and including permabans), is an important feature. I'm surprised it doesn't make the devs' top 15 priorities for 2017.

The blacklist feature is a good step forward, but not enough. Blacklisting someone makes sure I don't have to deal with them, but they're still going to be matching against other people and making their lives miserable.

I bought a gold sub a week ago, and overall it's felt like a very good investment, and I've had a great time. Most of the player base is great. But that 3% of the time I get matched up against rancid toxic opponents really bums me out, and it's the only reason I might hesitate to recommend the game to a friend.

Wolfhere

Personally, I'm satisfied with the blacklisting system.  The only issue I have is with truly toxic comments.  Some folks just can't be good sports and blasklisting means I don't have to play them again.  However, I'm sure there are people that enjoy the trash talk, or simply don't care.  My desire to not play against certain people again, for whatever reason, may not be true for someone else.

mrfiat

We have a way to mute the chat.  (like ISO had)  We need a consistent way to report abuse.  Please make an official link off the game that records the game #, timestamps, etc.  Thanks!