Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How often do you get slow rolled?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Burning Skull

• View Profile
Re: How often do you get slow rolled?
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2017, 08:32:19 am »
If you want to learn the game in friendly atmosphere you might try this discord channel:
https://discord.gg/MamCXk

Someone will gladly play a few games with you explaining strategy.

Offline livresque

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 June 2017, 08:40:08 am »
Just now in game 4411253 on oregon, the other player (whose user name started with "") announced he waited the max amount of time possible for each play and turn.  I asked why, if maybe he'd be happier with a different relative rating, and he then played one copper after four minutes and told me I "must have a small pen15." I don't care for that kind of talk or guise of inappropriate language.

Fortunately, I clicked force resign before this abuse could continue.

@mod ? 

Offline Genghis Khanival

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 June 2017, 03:19:45 pm »
Funnily enough, I just signed up for this to mention (probably) the same player, in 4409434 on Oregon.

It seems difficult to report a problem with the game. I found a post on these forums, where a mod advised that I PM a mod to report it, but after I signed up I couldn't find that post to PM them. Could there be an easier way?

Offline Mike Thicke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2017, 04:55:19 pm »
Exact same thing happened to me, exact same result, even basically the same chat.

Offline scottc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 June 2017, 03:46:31 am »
Just now in game 4411253 on oregon, the other player (whose user name started with "") announced he waited the max amount of time possible for each play and turn.  I asked why, if maybe he'd be happier with a different relative rating, and he then played one copper after four minutes and told me I "must have a small pen15." I don't care for that kind of talk or guise of inappropriate language.

Fortunately, I clicked force resign before this abuse could continue.

@mod ?

I got him too:

"" joined the table.
Joining game #4458493 on frankfurt.
:
I end most/all turns as late as the game allows.
scottc:
why?
scottc:
is that why you are rated so low?
:
Just to get you to quit.
:
:D

:)
;)

no witch hunts, please

Offline Reinder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2017, 09:16:57 pm »
I have the exact same experience with this piece of shit. Reported him to Stef, hope he takes care of it.

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2017, 09:39:51 pm »
All threads about this topic seem to end in a "shame and name". Can we please not abuse THIS topic? I am seriously interested in how often this happens to other players.
Scottc, Gengis and Mike ... I assume you experienced this only once?

Offline Reinder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 June 2017, 11:05:37 pm »
I have encountered genuine slowrollers three times. They start out by stating they are gonna do it and they are pros at it. I have encountered people that are slow rolling when it's obvious they are gonna lose about 4 times. So luckily it's a minority.

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 June 2017, 11:39:42 pm »
when I put your forum names into dominion scavenger (I just assume you have the same name here) most ppl complaining about getting slow rolled more than once are some levels below 50.
Some ppl say it does not really happen often or never. Those ppl are mostly above level 50.

My conclusion is: this, and most rudeness, does happen in the "lower" ranks.

Offline matchstick2017

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2017, 05:22:01 am »
I am using all my time resources at the moment to shame this guy on every game he joins. First, the intro, this is what happened with me

**** joined the table.
Joining game #4511168 on oregon.
****:  I end most/all turns as late as the game allows.
matchStick2016:  so happy to meet you. I will be reporting your profile. I am sure you can earn those ratings again :)
matchStick2016:  good luck
****:  No problem.
matchStick2016:  banning people like you like this is the best thing that has happened to new dominion :)
matchStick2016:  go ahead
matchStick2016:  take ur time
****:  The rules allow this play style.
****:  And new account are confusingly hard to make.
matchStick2016:  sure. We will see how admin feels by looking at the log and timestamps. The rule clearly states, playing copper with max allowable time states that the person has mental sickness and will be banned.
matchStick2016:  anyway, i have all the time in the world. I will finish this game, and report.
matchStick2016:  tc
****:  That rule does not exist.
matchStick2016:  will wait for notification sound
****:  Neat.

I removed the user id from the conversation to not publicly shame him here. I added him on the friend list, and following him to all his games. He has been doing the EXACT same thing on every game. I told all his opponents to report him. So his rating is 51+, and what he does is, he sends that message where he informs the opponent he will slow play, and they all quit. Is this the dominion experience we all wanted? I wonder what Donald would do if he encounters this person in a game.

Offline Stef

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2017, 09:47:53 am »
I wonder what Donald would do if he encounters this person in a game.

Donald plays IRL, and the lack of humanity this person shows doesn't happen in real life.
Fortunately it's only a handful, but some people seem to lose all their common sense and decency as soon as they start up their computer.

Offline Ingix

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2017, 12:17:15 pm »
when I put your forum names into dominion scavenger (I just assume you have the same name here) most ppl complaining about getting slow rolled more than once are some levels below 50.
Some ppl say it does not really happen often or never. Those ppl are mostly above level 50.

My conclusion is: this, and most rudeness, does happen in the "lower" ranks.

The obvious reason for this is that there are (at the moment) some 900 players with level 50 or above, but some 4300 players with level 40 or above. And while I float between level 45 and 47, I have also *never* encountered a slow-roller. Maybe it's due to my timezone (playing during european evenings on workdays), I don't know, but I have to also say that I play just 2-3 rated games a day at most.

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2017, 05:17:36 pm »
matchstick2017, you are seriously following a troll into his games? Consider the very old internet rule: "NEVER feed the troll!". You are encouraging its behaviour, those ppl want reactions, not rank.

Ingix, good point. I play UTC+1 in the evening, so also "european time evening workdays".

I think the admins should have a few names and maybe have already banned a few accounts. In my experience, as soon as people actually pay some real money for internet stuff, they behave better. Maybe add a pairing option "only pair me against paying users"?

Offline matchstick2017

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2017, 05:29:04 pm »
WhiteRabbit1981,

I used to ignore such users. I would resign and move on with my life. But lately it has become increasingly frustrating because sometimes they change the name and come back, or you encounter someone else who starts behaving like this when they are about to lose (but still enough turns left to make other person quit by playing slow). You are right, I shouldn't have followed him because we are all better than this. Anyway, I absolutely agree with your suggestion of "only pair me against paying users" because this way, when they get banned they also lose there investment. Love this idea.

Offline Turn turn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2017, 11:45:58 pm »
"swagtime" is another player who is a real champion in taking his time at his turns hoping the opponent would quit. Dont play this lame idiot, just immediately add him to your blacklist :-)