Inheritance --> Fortress --> Sacrifice doesnt work

Previous topic - Next topic

jamind

I used Inheritance with Fortress.

When i tried to trash an Estate/Fortress with Sacrifice even the trash didnt work. The red cross stayed over the card. Nothing happened.

Imo it should give me +2VP, +2Actions/Cards and give the trashed Estate/Fortress back to my hand.

Ingix

It seems that game #3509401 is the one in question. If you play as Jamind and load the game at decision 199, you have now Sacrifice in hand as well as Estate-Fortress. If you play Sacrifice and choose to trash the Estate-Sacrifice, the game stops, just as Jamind described. If you reload (CTRL-R in my Firefox), the game says it is waiting for Ingix (that is me).

OTOH, if you load game #3615441 (me vs. Rattington) at the very end, I have just played Sacrifice and the game now wants to know what to trash. If you select the Estate-Fortress, the game correctly returns it to my hand, gives me the +2 Actions/+2 cards as well as the +2VP.

So it seems that something special is going on in game #3509401 that does not happen in game #3615441, though I have no idea what that could be. The previous turns don't have anything special going on.

squirezucco

I don't know what you're talking about.
Inheritance -> Fortress -> Sacrifice sounds like a *great* idea.

Ingix

I'm not sure what exactly you are replying to, squirezucco.

This is a bug forum. When the game behaves not as it should be, we discuss this here. It does not matter (to me) if the behaviour occurs when doing great stretegic play or poor strategic play.

squirezucco

I was being silly. I understand that the point of this forum is pointing out bugs. I was ignoring that and pointing out instead that jamind had a cool strategy in Inheritancing Fortress for use with Sacrifice. The irony that my comment was unrelated to the point of the bug forum was part of what made the comment amusing. At least to me.

In the future, it might be best for you to ignore things I post, as they are typically irrelevant.

Ingix

I'll take that into account on future posts   :)