End of game process !

Previous topic - Next topic

MaartenRobinson

I've just won a game ...but had to resign, in order to get out of the game. The provinces were all gone and it dealt me my next hand and then said it was waiting for me ... i went out of the game and came back in ...but it was still there waiting for me.  Generally speaking, I think the end of game process needs looking at.
I have a screen snapshot

MaartenRobinson

This needs to be referred to the sw engineers.   Do,I need to do something specific.
If it helps, I was using my iPad ...perhaps it's an iPad feature

Philip

Quote from: MaartenRobinson on 16 May 2017, 10:02:45 AM
i went out of the game and came back in ...but it was still there waiting for me.

By this do you mean that you refreshed the page/reloaded the client and got reconnected to the game that should have been over?

MaartenRobinson

Yes ...I had to restart Dominin and it took me back to where I was ...waiting for me to do something, although the game was over ... all I could do was to resign ... which, having won the game, was a little annoying

MaartenRobinson

I've just won a game ...but had to resign, in order to get out of the game. The provinces were all gone and it dealt me my next hand and then said it was waiting for me ... i went out of the game and came back in ...but it was still there waiting for me.  Generally speaking, I think the end of game process needs looking at.
I have a screen snapshot
And it's just happened again ...really peeved this time ...Close game, which I won ...then had to resign to leave the game at the end!

santamonica811

MR,
At the least, till the bug is fixed; maybe ask the *other* player to resign.  If I had lost a game, but got an in-game message, saying that the game would not officially end, I'd be happy to resign.  I already know I lost the game, right?  :-)

My guess is that most other players will respond the same way.  There are a few bad apples.  But most of us are reasonably good sports. . . at least, based on my own experiences in the game.

Oyvind

I have a screen snapshot

This has happened to me twice today. Won games by buying the last Province both times. I'm also playing on an iPad. Also, I cannot type any text. Well, after I post it, it disappears, so I can't ask the other players to resign. What an irritating bug...

PLEChicago

I had this happen a couple of times also. I was not playing on an ipad, but was playing on a Mac notebook using Chrome, if that helps.