Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How often do you get slow rolled?  (Read 476 times)

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
How often do you get slow rolled?
« on: 10 May 2017, 10:31:21 pm »
When reading this forum, one gets the impression that maybe every 2nd or 3rd game gets slow rolled - at least, slow rolling is THE hot topic over various threads here.
How often does it really happen?
I mean, seriously. I have nearly 500 games on ShuffleIT, and when I check through the Top20 thats a lot of games. I always play "Equal Opponent", I never kick Opponents and my Blacklist is empty exept one player who tried to sneak me into a 3-player game.
So, I am a frequent user of ShuffleIt. How often did I get slow rolled?
Never. Not once.

I remember that in an old topic, many users reported problems with a player named "MxxxxxGxx" and I actually had a lot of enjoyable games with him.
Is it because I am such a nice and loveable person, or am I just lucky?

Offline josh bornstein

• View Profile
Re: How often do you get slow rolled?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2017, 10:45:22 pm »
I've never been slow-rolled/slow-played either.

Knock on wood.  :)

Offline jsh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2017, 01:10:39 am »
Before blacklisting, I got slow rolled about once per every two days. Now I just block everyone who does it, so it's changed to maybe once per week. It was usually the same people doing it. I also saw them on making fun dominion all the time.

I am impatient so I always use "any opponent." Imo, even if not using that fixes the problem for me, that still isn't fixing the problem for everyone so that isn't satisfying.

The more frequent variant I see is people taking inordinately long turns with simple decisions (like all they could have done was buy silver) or playing slower once they start losing, probably because they are tabbing out. This is irksome, but more understandable.

Normally, I explain to slow players that I can quite easily outlast them, and they tend to give up shortly afterward.

Offline Ranna156

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2017, 06:11:27 am »
I get slow-rolled quite a bit recently. But considering I took Monday and Tuesday off from work and played games all day I am not sure how much that counts. Who am I playing against on a school/work day during the day (my time zone of course)? Also, I have noticed that it is usually when i don't allow an undo. Just to clarify, I do allow them, sometimes I even tell the other person to undo when it is obvious they are learning the game/cards etc. Other times I don't allow it for various reasons including they gave me a bunch of curses so I am snarky. Either way, it happens, but for me I notice it that it is more often when I don't allow an undo. I have also gotten the slow roll because someone thinks hands dealt are unfair and also because I am winning...and also other various reasons.

Offline Lotoreo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2017, 08:57:42 am »
Once a week seems a good estimate for me. One of the last ones I had was because I dared forging a province into a province, to make the game go faster. No idea what was his actual problem with that.

As for users leaving the game without resigning (which also costs 5 minutes), I would say I have two of them per day, on days where I actually play more thann 2-3 games.

Offline LaLight

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2017, 09:57:13 am »
The first time in my life I was slowrolled couple of weeks ago. Thrice. By three different people. But that was also the last time

Offline Ingix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2017, 12:51:10 pm »
I have 76 ranked games, and I haven't been been stalled once.

Offline WhiteRabbit1981

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2017, 01:37:14 pm »
I dared forging a province into a province, to make the game go faster. No idea what was his actual problem with that
I remember on BSW an opponent once got really mad because I swindled a copper into a curse. He seriously explained me that doing so is not how the game is meant to be, and that I shall get a better mindset for the social experience of fair onlinegaming  :o

But back to topic. My impression is, that stalling happens and is super annoying - but its not the number one problem it seems to be.

Offline Wolfhere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2017, 01:24:23 pm »
Actually slow rolled?  It happened to me only twice with the MakingFun version, but that's about it.  The first was rather persistent until I told him I was playing on a tablet and had TV going, and was happy to put on a movie or two while he took his time.  He quit after an hour with a chat log full of vitriol.

It really hasn't been an issue.  Mostly, just poor sports if I happen to get lucky or play in some manner they don't like.

Offline mrfiat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2017, 09:59:09 pm »
It used to happen often before blacklisting.  I am currently being slow-rolled by user Nickname Deleted by LaLight.
 We don't use Name & Shame
.   He was unhappy that he was losing and that I refuse to allow undo.  I really, really need a way to report these people.  How can I do it?  My emails to the admins have gone unanswered.  :-(

Offline LaLight

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2017, 10:01:31 pm »
It used to happen often before blacklisting.  I am currently being slow-rolled by user Nickname Deleted by LaLight.
 We don't use Name & Shame
.   He was unhappy that he was losing and that I refuse to allow undo.  I really, really need a way to report these people.  How can I do it?  My emails to the admins have gone unanswered.  :-(

Your emails are being worked on, we don't forget nor ignore them.

Offline mrfiat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2017, 10:10:00 pm »
If you don't answer your customers, then how do we know if the issue is being addressed?  I have sent emails regarding these issue months ago and still never received a response.  :-( 

Offline bananny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2017, 04:14:00 am »
You can blacklist people?  I ALWAYS play bots.  I haven't played a live person since last year sometime because of slow players and general rudeness.  Also, bots are fast ;)

Offline gitsticker8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2017, 09:23:19 pm »
You can blacklist people?  I ALWAYS play bots.  I haven't played a live person since last year sometime because of slow players and general rudeness.  Also, bots are fast ;)
:-\ This post made me sad, assuming it wasn't sarcasm.