Scavenger window stays up

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I play a Scavenger, and after discarding my deck (or not), each card in my discard pile is the same. The decision for which card to topdeck is made for me, but the window displaying my discard pile is still left up until I click something.

It occurs to me that this is on purpose, since I may want some time to view my discard pile, but this interface is confusing and not good -- I can't see all of the stuff that the window is covering up, and when that window is in my face, it makes me think I have to do something with it (I have to do something with the window every other time the window is in my face, but in this case I should just continue playing).

Much better would be to either print the contents of my discard pile in the log (only visible to me and spectators, of course) or you could also just pop up a button that lets me view the contents of my discard pile if I want to -- something more passive that doesn't make me think there's a bug. Or maybe make the window go away if I click it. Or maybe make the window look different than other windows. Any or all of these would make the interface much better.

The best solution, though, is to not have this decision automatically made for me, or at least make me check an option that isn't the default in order to get this interface. Really, the software would be much, much better if the whole automatically making decisions for people when there's only one legal option thing was turned off altogether; but that's not going to happen. If there's a special case for this situation in the code that makes the window show up, then it should be easy enough to make people click on the card they want and then make the window go away in all cases, which is just a better interface in every situation.