Real money game

Previous topic - Next topic

Krasavchik

I am a real gambler and want ask
administration: Are you going create game for real money?
players: What do you think about it?

WhiteRabbit1981

you can paypal me money anytime. Just pretend it is for lost games.

Stef

This is very unlikely to happen.

Way too much fuzz with security / taxes / legal concerns.

Also it's against what I'm trying to achieve. dominion.games is about fun, and although gambling can be fun it also has a dark side I don't want to be involved with.

You could off course make personal bets, just don't expect the system to facilitate it in any way.

If you want to bet on a personal match against me, I'd certainly be willing to take it :)

AdamH

I run IRL tournaments with an entry free, and with a prize pool for the top finishers. I'm hosting one in Cincinnati at the end of July. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think in the Dominion world it's the closest thing we have.

Mike Thicke

Obviously this will never be a feature of the software---far too many legal issues to ever be worth it. Online poker has been trying to solve the legal problems for over a decade now.

As for side bets, it's a bit tricky because there's no mechanism to avoid scams. If I don't know you personally I'm unlikely to gamble for anything significant because I can't trust that you'll actually pay up if you lose.