When will the Android App be out?

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandonboards

It's been 6 months now, any ETA on the android app?

Stef

Quote from: Brandonboards on 05 June 2017, 05:15:33 PM
It's been 6 months now, any ETA on the android app?
No, sorry, we're not working on apps at the moment.
I'd love to be able to that but at the moment there is too much work / not enough people.

And I count to 5 but that's a detail.

yed

It is playable with browser in Chrome on Android.

You need to check "Request desktop site" on phone.

The only thing not working is reorder. I hate reorder games on Android.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: yed on 06 June 2017, 06:40:55 PM
It is playable with browser in Chrome on Android.

You need to check "Request desktop site" on phone.

The only thing not working is reorder. I hate reorder games on Android.

Reorder isn't great in the full browser version, so I can imagine how bad it would be on a mobile device.

Accatitippi

I would be extremely satisfied with an online text version optimized for mobile. But that's not done overnight either.

Bbl

I find it to be playable on my Xperia Smartphone. There were a couple of fixes on the Desktop version that helped the 'mobile' version as well (basically everything that transfers actions from the log to the card, i.e. for reactions).

Metagame-Interfaces are kind of mashed into each others, with buttons, frames, etc. overlapping, de facto disabling this part of the game. Fortunately, the '1 Bot' button is still reachable and clickable, so you can start games - and this is all that matters to me. If I need to set an option I do it on my PC. In the game itself, the interface works well enough (although it shows some odd behaviour when zooming in). You need to have good eyes and small fingers, but then it is working fine.

There are only three things that really bother me:
1) All the Point Counters are so tiny, it is impossible to see them on a phone. It would help if you could click on them and they would get bigger, as it is already the case for card-shaped things.
2) In the Victory / Defeat Screen the points are cut off, so you never seee the actual score, only defeat or victory. The combination of 1) and 2) is the reason why I still have not purchased Empires with its many ways to score.
3) As already mentioned: Sorting (Cartographer, etc.) does not work properly. This is the only game breaker, as it renders some card unplayable.

Do not get me wrong: I am fully aware that I am using the game on an unsupported device and I am glad ShuffleIt (unlike MF) is not restricting it. So I take what I can get. :)