Seasons, anti twink, reward long term players

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin plays Piano

I think resetting the leaderboard after a period of time is out of discussion – and as some others here I am unclear about the purpose of this thread (in regards to "twink" accounts and all that stuff).

However, most of us love stats, and why not adding some other playfully views on the leaderboard as well (like we have it in the Breppert tool with the "Champion belt").

Top players might see this as a needless thing, because they are visible in the ranking within the top 100 all the time and will get noticed in the leaderboard anyway. But there are some 1.000 other players never having the chance to get there – why not providing an additional statistics platform to give every player a chance to be "the king for one day". Please don't underestimate the ambition of players only to be listed awhile in a public board and to gain a kind of "trophy".

I am aware that all these lists can be misused – and indeed they shouldn't be taken too seriously, but as long as it keeps the community playing, it is good business. Only some thoughts without any demand to be implemented in the next future ..., but ok, give it a try some day.

Per day / per 7 days / per month?

- Top 10 Shooting stars
  (highest climb up of levels)
- Top 10 Scary Monsters
  (most victories as a level <50 player against level >60)
- Top 10 HighScorer
  (highest VP-scores in one / or 10 rated games)
- Top 10 players per home country
  (given the premise that the country can be added in the player account)
- Top 10 win streak
  (most wins in one row – only rated games)
- Make the bingo on discord more public

The list could be continued with many other ideas – but again, the current leaderboard should be seen as the one and only in regards to matchmaking, showing skill levels and highlighting the real champions - but to be honest, it is at the end a very academic ranking which allows a significant identification for the top players only. Facing Dominion as a fun game for some thousand people (what it is !) may justify the addition of fun rankings as well – could be a value-add for the community.

Accatitippi

Quote from: jsh on 03 June 2017, 02:57:26 PM
Out of the top 50, the only account I'm actually skeptical about besides the known smurf is aaaasn, who only has 4 games, but maybe he's just luser's good friend.

I think I've seen that name in some old leaderboard, and have probably played with them before. He may currently be overrated - which would explain why I recognize the name and you don't - but I think the account is legit.
A trip to the WayBackMachine confirms that he ranked 101st on December 21st 2016, with 836 games played.

/stalkingmode

SmokeyRivers

People are talking about the top 50 of the leaderboard but I can only see the top 20 (and my friends). How do I see the top 50, or are you all just friends and that's why you can see them?

markus

http://dominion.lauxnet.com/leaderboard/

has the top 1000 / full leaderboard, as well as information on the games of individual players. (only 2-person rated games)