Crossroads / Inheritance

Previous topic - Next topic

Megas_Droungarios

In a recent game I set aside a Crossroads as the card whose abilities and types Inheritance was to give my Estates.  It did not.  The Crossroads text appeared on my Estates, but playing one as the first Crossroads played in a turn did not give my three actions.  This ruined a turn (in which one action in my hand would have drawn more cards and another thrown a curse).  My opponent's Inheritance-enhanced Estates functioned correctly as Merchants.

This should be fixed.  (And it would be nice to have the loss expunged from my record.)

dscarpac

This isn't a bug.

See here:
QuoteIf Estate inherits Crossroads, then playing an Estate can't give you +3 Actions because it's not "the first time you played a Crossroads this turn". But if you play an Estate and then a Crossroads, you do get the +3 Actions from the Crossroads, since it is the first time you've played a Crossroads.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Inheritance

Megas_Droungarios

Quote from: dscarpac on 15 June 2017, 06:24:57 AM
This isn't a bug.

See here:
QuoteIf Estate inherits Crossroads, then playing an Estate can't give you +3 Actions because it's not "the first time you played a Crossroads this turn". But if you play an Estate and then a Crossroads, you do get the +3 Actions from the Crossroads, since it is the first time you've played a Crossroads.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Inheritance

Okay if that's how the designer interprets his rules.  That interpretation, however, violates the plain English meaning of the description of the effect of Inheritance.

Martin plays Piano

I can't judge about the "plain English meaning of the description of the effect of inheritance" – I am not the native speaker to give advices for that ...
But from my perspective there is a very distinct separation to make between

a) an inherited Crossroads
(an Estate only gets the ability of the crossroads card - the Estate card is still an Estate)
so first time played it is still an Estate and will give no actions, but 1 card per green

b) an overlorded Crossroads (similar with Band of Misfits)
(which really makes the Overlord being a Crossroads card)
so first time played will give 3 actions plus 1 card per green

Have fun
Rachmaninoff