How to report abusive player?

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaddeusB

Hello,

I encountered a guy today who took the maximum amount of time to play each copper.  He even said "I end most/all turns as late as the game allows" at the start.  Sure this behavior is not allowed, but all I could gather here is that you aren't allowed to list the player name on the forum.  Please tell me there is a way to get this idiot kicked off before he ruins the game for everyone?

Thanks!

dane

I think Stef has got to come up with a solution that can prevent a banned player from simply creating a new account.  I doubt that I am the only person holding back from buying a suscription because I don't want my experience of online Dominion ruined by these morons.

JW

You should PM Stef so that he can follow up and punish the abusive player. Needing to register on this forum to send a PM so that Stef can investigate ideally wouldn't be necessary, though. Hopefully a way to flag these games from within the client itself will be added. Other useful additions would include making it harder for these jerks (requiring email confirmation to create account so that entire emails can be banned, or IPs, etc.), and a smarter timer that recognizes playing a copper every 3 minutes as abuse.

dane

I doubt that requiring email confirmation would solve the problem.  It's not difficult to create a new email account!

Unfortunately the only suggestion for a solution that I can think of might well be very unpopular.  It would involve changing the way players are charged to use online Dominion such that there were three categories of user:

• Able to play using base set against bots only.  Free.
  • Able to play against human opposition (just like the current free subscription) for a small one-off payment, maybe one or two euros.
  • Silver and gold subscription as at present, but perhaps with the first subscription bought being discounted by any one-off payment that has already been made.
That should discourage people signing up merely to ruin other people's games.

To avoid upsetting existing users it would probably be wise to have the above apply only to new users.  That would leave us with the existing morons, but once they'd been banned, they would have to spend money to get back in, so presumably wouldn't.