Transmogrify + Watchtower

Previous topic - Next topic

markus

When I use Transmogrify to gain a Watchtower to my hand, I get the option to reveal this newly gained WT to trash/topdeck itself. In game 4836503 I could actually trash it.

Donald X.

Quote from: markus on 02 July 2017, 02:28:42 AM
When I use Transmogrify to gain a Watchtower to my hand, I get the option to reveal this newly gained WT to trash/topdeck itself. In game 4836503 I could actually trash it.
Not a bug. Transmogrify gains the card directly to your hand (rather than gaining it to your discard pile and then moving it; note the program has the new phrasing that hasn't made it to print yet). Watchtower is used directly after gaining a card (thus it's already in your hand), and can move the card from wherever it was gained to.

markus

Thank you for clarifying. I actually checked the Wiki and couldn't find a reference. But then it's only some edge cases in which you might actually want to use that option.

So the same would apply to Artisan - but it wouldn't work with Trader, because "would gain" is before I actually have Trader in hand?

Donald X.

Quote from: markus on 02 July 2017, 01:52:01 PM
So the same would apply to Artisan - but it wouldn't work with Trader, because "would gain" is before I actually have Trader in hand?
"Would-gain" is before you gain the card and so you don't have it yet and can't reveal it.