Matchmaking

Previous topic - Next topic

schadd

Matchmaking in Shuffle iT is, by design, pretty simple and versatile.

The Matching tab from the lobby can be used to start a 1v1 game, right now, with either a random person or a bot. The Quick Match button will pair you up with somebody else that is also looking for a match, without discrimination; the Good Match button will pair you up with somebody close to your rating. The Bot Match button sets you up with Lord Rattington, or whichever bot figures you to be worthwhile to play with.

Alternately, if you're looking to play with a specific person or group of people, you can create a table in the My Table tab, or find one in the Tables tab (wherein you can find the host of the table you're looking for, and click the options to play or spectate). In making a table, you can set the minimum and maximum players, as well as the set of cards to draw from to make the kingdom. By clicking Advanced Options, you can also change many other specifics of kingdom generation and gameplay. The game start when everyone in the table has clicked Ready.

You can edit these settings between games by clicking Edit Table between games.

If someone does not see an option to play in your table, try widening the range of available relative ratings; you can do this by clicking Advanced Options and then setting Max relative rating and Min relative rating to 100 and -100, respectively.
bury me with my money

Stef

We still need some work on an easy way to challenge a specific opponent. For now, this is the way to go:

1) add each other as friends.
2) one of you starts a table.
3) the other one goes to the "Matching" tab and clicks "join" next to your name, then clicks the "play" button in the bottom left. (It is possible that you can only join after the table host has set minimum and maximum rating difference to the highest possible values in the advanced table options)
4) now you're on the same table, can choose some rules, and start the game by beach clicking "ready"

Torvatn

Hello! Where can I see my rating?

Joseph2302

Quote from: Torvatn on 02 January 2017, 08:51:23 PM
Hello! Where can I see my rating?
Currently no way to view rating.

yed

Megas_Droungarios

Is there a way to set up a table and wait for a human player, rather than having Lord Rattington jump in the moment you declare yourself "Ready"?

I mean it's amusing to come up with sets for which LR's programming is suboptimal so you can beat "him", but I'd rather have a human opponent play when I make an interesting set.

Watno

Wait till other players are present before clicking ready. Games currently start when all human players present are ready and the empty slots are filled with bots.

Megas_Droungarios

Quote from: Watno on 04 January 2017, 08:08:46 PM
Wait till other players are present before clicking ready. Games currently start when all human players present are ready and the empty slots are filled with bots.

Thanks.

Is there a sticky somewhere in the forum that actually explains the matching interface, or do we just get to wander around in it until we figure out what all the buttons do?  (The game interface is fine.)

Watno

There is none yet, sorry. I agree there should be.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 01 January 2017, 10:25:03 PM
(It is possible that you can only join after the table host has set minimum and maximum rating difference to the highest possible values in the advanced table options)

Quote from: Joseph2302 on 03 January 2017, 12:23:22 AM
Currently no way to view rating.

This took me a few minutes to figure out, and it really should be fixed. In fact, it's questionable whether there should even be an option to not allow people to sit at your table based on rating when there is currently no way at all to view rating.

At the very least, the default for this setting should be to let anyone sit at the table, and it would be really nice if it remembered the settings you had for your last table.

wargames83

The wait for expansion option doesn't seem to do anything.

SkyHard

Quote from: wargames83 on 14 January 2017, 12:08:17 PM
The wait for expansion option doesn't seem to do anything.

Quote from: Stef
Find a game will get you rated games. The game will not respect opponents familiar card settings (or your own).
- "Equal opponent" means someone whose level differs at most 15 levels from yours (approximately)
- "Any opponent" means someone whose level differs at most ~60 levels from yours.
- "Wait for expansions" accepts any opponent that has a subscription to at least half the expansions.

But where is that "Wait for expansion"? I only have the first two options!

tufftaeh

Quote from: SkyHard on 13 April 2017, 03:26:48 PM

If you have a subscription you will never see it because all your games can contain your cards. ;)
In other words, you don't need to wait for expansions because you bring them to the table with you.

SkyHard

Quote from: tufftaeh on 13 April 2017, 03:43:28 PM
Quote from: SkyHard on 13 April 2017, 03:26:48 PM

If you have a subscription you will never see it because all your games can contain your cards. ;)
In other words, you don't need to wait for expansions because you bring them to the table with you.

Thanks. It did confuse me :)