privacy

Previous topic - Next topic

MELISSAJHW

I want to play a completely private game.  How do I set the game so I am only playing with bots, and no one can be a spectator?

Mic Qsenoch

Click "New Table" at top, "Create Table", "Add Bot" for as many bots players you want, then click "Advanced Options" and set "Allow Spectators" to No. Click "Ready" to start game.

AdamH

Please be advised that currently this feature does not work.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 01 July 2017, 08:56:50 PM

Could you add a reproduction path for the "not working"?
Because when I test it, it seems to be working just fine.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 01 July 2017, 09:54:53 PM
Quote from: AdamH on 01 July 2017, 08:56:50 PM

Could you add a reproduction path for the "not working"?
Because when I test it, it seems to be working just fine.

This feature has never worked for me, no matter what I do I can't restrict anyone from visiting my tables. Here's what I did just last night to verify that it still doesn't work:

1. Opened up a new window, clicked "Login"
2. Clicked on "New Table"
3. Clicked on "Create Table"
4. Clicked on "Advanced Options"
5. on the dropdown menu next to "Allow spectators" I change it to "no"

I then let this sit overnight, and this morning when I looked the chat log is full of 23 people joining and leaving my table, some of them wondering if I'm there or not.

I would like the ability to playtest kingdoms with people online (or even bots) that I plan to use for my IRL tournaments without risk of my friends joining the table and seeing them, but I've never been able to do that. I've tried the "friends only" option and that doesn't seem to work, but I haven't re-tested that in a couple of days, I think there was a release since then.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 02 July 2017, 03:36:28 PM
This feature has never worked for me, no matter what I do I can't restrict anyone from visiting my tables. Here's what I did just last night to verify that it still doesn't work:

The rule actually restricts people from becoming a spectator at your table, but not from becoming a player.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 02 July 2017, 04:22:39 PM
Quote from: AdamH on 02 July 2017, 03:36:28 PM

The rule actually restricts people from becoming a spectator at your table, but not from becoming a player.

When I put it to "friends only" then can anyone sit down and play at my table? When I say "friends only" then I only want to play with my friends. If this isn't the way it works, then I think a feature where I can make only my friends allowed to sit at a table or watch is appropriate.