Kingdom Sets - Random or pre-gen?

Previous topic - Next topic

meathead40

I have a gold subscription.  When I play with all cards, the selected kingdom cards seem to have a common theme... as if the cards all are supposed to work together.  Does the system generally try to put together kingdom sets that are recommended?  Or is it truly random?

I really enjoy this implementation... thanks!

WhiteRabbit1981

Quoteas if the cards all are supposed to work together.
Thats the beauty of this game  :)

Now, serious. I am very sure the kingdom cards are selected randomly, and the game is just balanced very well. Example: It does happen to me that a Kingdom has a Tunnel but no card to trigger it - things like this would not happen in a hand-selected or scripted kingdom.

On the other hand, all Village-Like cards combo very well with all Smithy-Like cards.

Jacob Marley

I have seen plenty of games that don't have much synergy.  Mainly all or mostly terminals with no villages.  But yes, in many (even most kingdoms) there is synergy somewhere.

watsonehx

I'm in the US. When I go to top right Store and attempt to buy Gold Subscription (with selected country: Non-EU)... nothing happens. It just displays: You currently have no subscriptions.

Heard of this happening with other US users before? Any help?

meathead40

Bumping an old thread.  I'd love to know a little more about how randomized kingdom sets are selected.  Do some cards have more weight and are selected together?  Or is it truly random?

markus

It's completely random among all cards that are allowed.