Leaderboard

Previous topic - Next topic

iamsparticus

The leaderboard is fairly useless. I'm uninterested in just knowing the top 20 players, but instead, I want something similar to the old isotropish leaderboard.

1. I want the ability to scroll throughout the entire leaderboard (AKA I want to be able to see all players, or at least all players who have played a certain threshold of games).
2. I would prefer to be able to see exactly how many games I have won and lost.
3. Ideally a scrolling function would work well, and putting it in a format that would allow for exporting would be great. If not, at least having a jump to yourself button would work well.

Mic Qsenoch

Until such features are available in the client, you can find some of the stuff you're looking for at:

http://dominion.lauxnet.com/leaderboard/

iamsparticus

Excellent, thanks for the response. Glad to have it available somewhere.

Stef

Quote from: iamsparticus on 15 July 2017, 02:58:26 AM
The leaderboard is fairly useless. I'm uninterested in just knowing the top 20 players, but instead, I want something similar to the old isotropish leaderboard.

1. I want the ability to scroll throughout the entire leaderboard (AKA I want to be able to see all players, or at least all players who have played a certain threshold of games).
2. I would prefer to be able to see exactly how many games I have won and lost.
3. Ideally a scrolling function would work well, and putting it in a format that would allow for exporting would be great. If not, at least having a jump to yourself button would work well.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you actually want. I have tried to find people on previous instances of leaderboards that used a scroll function. It was... a nightmare. There are tens of thousands of people on it. How is a list with everyone you're interested in not an improvement? It doesn't just display the top 20, it also displays your friends. You can put anyone you're interested in on there.

Win/loss ratio is not displayed, because it means very little. Naturally you will win more if you play weaker players, or lose more if you play stronger players. That's why there is a rating system.

If you want to do some math on the ratings, or make a tool like the one MicQ linked you to, I can provide you with data or maybe even give you database access.