SLoMo, Slow-Mo, Sl0M0

Previous topic - Next topic

senneth

This guy. Stuck playing him several nights now. How fun is it to have your game hijacked by some troll who is mad at the game, or who knows what his problem is, maybe he's just twelve. The whole I take the whole time allowed for my turn slow business I'm sure has a point to it somewhere, I just don't care what it is. IP bans are a thing.

markus

I would encourage to resign and blacklist. You're not going to get matched with that account again and it's easy to identify the abusive accounts based on the number of blacklists. The slow-roller doesn't get anywhere with their rating because they're removed on day 1 or 2. And your own rating is not affected too much and recovers quickly from undeserved losses.

If your rating is not too bad, you can also use it to avoid newly created accounts: they start with level 20 and you can set the lower bound of advanced match making to exclude that.

senneth

Posting isn't going to change what this guy does or not. New names every day, enjoying whatever bender he's on. I'm quite sure he is on the forums and I didn't say anything here I didn't say to him in game. I don't think he cares who he annoys. I think he's mad at game and trying to change it in a very obsessive kinda way. If it ruins the game for folks, it's going to get posted about. I don't feel bad for saying it or calling a troll a troll, sorry. I'm a nice girl, but everybody has limits. :p

JW

If you run into this jerk, resign, black list them, and sent Stef a private message on this forum to report them. When an account is banned my understanding is that all of the games they played no longer contribute to the ranking system. I understand the impulse not to give in to this terrible bully, but there's no need to do that. It would be nice if this and other features of the client were documented on the client itself, instead of people needing to come to the forums. It would also be nice if there was a way to report abusive behavior directly from the client instead of needing to register for these forums to send Stef a PM.

The rating system has been updated so that games played by banned players do not contribute: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=604.msg7582#msg7582
Quote from: Stef
when a user gets banned, all rated results now will be retroactively removed. I.E. when you meet a notorious slowplayer, feel free to resign & blacklist

slaf

He is now playing as SlowItDownMO

thewhitewalker

WhiteRabbit1981

you post his name into this forum, he gets the attention he wants.
you just PM it to Stef, no attention.

jeebus

Is it true that when a user gets banned, all their games will be deleted from the ratings record and everybody who played in those games will have their ratings readjusted? I've never met any slow rollers (I think), but it would be nice to know this.

Stef

Quote from: jeebus on 18 July 2017, 04:17:57 PM
Is it true that when a user gets banned, all their games will be deleted from the ratings record and everybody who played in those games will have their ratings readjusted? I've never met any slow rollers (I think), but it would be nice to know this.

It is not implemented today on the live server, but it will be soon.

At that point my plan is to tell everyone about it, and then you can just resign&blacklist against slowrollers without any downside to your own rating.

Turn turn

Tonight he is playing as "StefAllowsSlowPlay". What a loser!

TheresaS

What is the purpose of slow play if we get our ratings re-rated and they get blocked?

JW

The rating system has been updated so that games played by banned players do not contribute to the rankings:

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=604.msg7582#msg7582
Quote from: Stef
when a user gets banned, all rated results now will be retroactively removed. I.E. when you meet a notorious slowplayer, feel free to resign & blacklist

matchstick2017

I dont understand. The user, who is slowplaying, has to be banned for us to get our ratings back, right? So the onus is still on the player to report that particular slow user so that they get banned and we get our ratings back. Is this assumption correct?

JW

Quote from: matchstick2017 on 26 July 2017, 12:14:36 AM
I dont understand. The user, who is slowplaying, has to be banned for us to get our ratings back, right? So the onus is still on the player to report that particular slow user so that they get banned and we get our ratings back. Is this assumption correct?

You can just resign and black list the slowplayer. Stef monitors the players who are most frequently black-listed and this has enabled him to easily find and ban the slowplayer's accounts. Sending a private message to Stef (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?action=profile;u=3) is also helpful, but probably not necessary.

wildrumpus

Last night it was SloMoDominion. I'm sure it's same person. Announced intent to slow play; waits for reaction.  Called me " Hun". It has to stop.