News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Butcher

Previous topic - Next topic

Oyvind

The 'known' bug for Butcher isn't the only one. Both an opponent and I bought and played Butcher in a game today, where the two coins were spent automatically every time we played it. This may explain the bug where you can't trash empty coppers/curses without gaining anything in return. Now it was just an overprized Remodel, and my early Quarries couldn't be converted to Militia, Talisman or Villa with coins left over. Annoying and clearly game-changing.

Ingix

1) I just tried a game against a Bot with Butcher. I could indeed keep the earned coin tokens for several turns and then spend them.

2)I looked at your 9 games from the last 4 days (as defined by dominion.lauxnet.com) and none of them included a Butcher. Was it maybe an earlier game or a game under another user name?

I can't reproduce the bug and I need your help identifying the game where it happened.

Oyvind

Quote from: Ingix on 20 July 2017, 01:37:38 PM
1) I just tried a game against a Bot with Butcher. I could indeed keep the earned coin tokens for several turns and then spend them.

2)I looked at your 9 games from the last 4 days (as defined by dominion.lauxnet.com) and none of them included a Butcher. Was it maybe an earlier game or a game under another user name?

I can't reproduce the bug and I need your help identifying the game where it happened.

Hi, thanks, and sorry for not coming back to you. I'm not that often on these Boards, so I actually didn't know you had replied. I've only got this one username both here and there. It's really difficult to remember how recently the game happened at the time I wrote this, but I'd imagine it shouldn't be much earlier. I think I posted it after reading about another bug with Butcher, so it could potentially be some days earlier, yes. Sorry, but I almost never write down the game IDs...

Ingix

I tried again and expanded the search for 30 days. 2 games did not load, so I could not examine them. All the others had no Butcher.

Maybe there was a very specific interaction that caused the behaviour. But judging from the fact that there are no current "Butcher gives no coin token" posts, I assume it must be very rare. I don't think there is any more I can do.

In general, copying the game number is important because the game is good enough that any bugs are

a) caused by the interaction of several cards (which may not come up often), or
b) some interface quirk that lead players in the wrong direction, or
c) not bugs at all, e.g. the players overlooked some rule or card interaction (Enchantress comes up often!).

The game number ensures that I and others can see the context as it really happened.