News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Scavenger

Previous topic - Next topic

gloures

I don´t know if there´s something wrong with my browser or game configurations, but my window to choose from scavenger and scheme always seems excessively small, but I had always managed somehow until a game I had today (huge decks due to soothsayer) there´s an old topic by Emeric on this issue, but on the screenshot he provided this "window" was much much bigger than mine ever is... In a way though, it does show that this way of doing things where i have to keep comparing the left corner of cards is not really efficient... I´m somewhat frustrated because this issue pretty much cost me said game, where otherwise Summoned Scavengers should work quite well...

Look at the screenshot and see if you can locate my Platinum among all those cards, the Grand Markets I mostly could do it, though I ended up choosing Soothsayer once

Another detail is that the log does not show which card I chose (only after the game ends), so I couldn´t even ask for an undo until I received my next hand and their turn had already begun, so it was really not feasible to ask for an undo at all

One thing to add, is that when I tried to use my browser zoom function, the image got bigger for an instant then resized to about the same size it is on this image (sligtly larger) I thought this was weird... In all, i fell like at least the size of the window might be something on my end, though I do feel there might be something better though (like choosing from the log, maybe  :P)... But I generally suck with computers so I have no idea what I might have done... 

Ingix

Of course a better interface (that shows only one copy of each card, for example) would be preferred. For the moment, one walkaround I use is to first right-click a card I assume to be the one I'm looking for, so I can see what it is.

The problem seems to be that the width of the windows looks fixed, so even though the top card (Estate) is good to see, the margin of each of the many cards gets really small.

I'll look into the log-issue tomorrow.

ADDITION:
The log-issue you described is baffling, as in my tries the log does say what card was selected, immediately after the Scavenger action was done:

Turn 5 - Ingix
I plays a Scavenger.
I moves their deck to the discard.
I looks at 2 Scavengers , an Estate and 6 Coppers.
I topdecks a Copper.

The same is true in all languages.

I found your game (5315960) and when I replayed the summoned scavengers, it showed the selected card afterwards (see screenshot). What may have happened is that because the previously listed set of revealed cards was so long, you didn't realize that the last line (showing the topdecked card) is not part of that list.

gloures

Thanks a lot Ingix! Well... I just checked and the log thing is very likely my own stupidity I was just frustrated during the game and when I thought on looking at the log to see if I had put the right card back on top I did not see the information, but it was a rather quick look, so I must have missed it... And I did not know about right clicking the card! It isn´t ideal, but it does make it not broken...

Sorry for any trouble...

Thanks!