Players ARE CHEATING!

Previous topic - Next topic

markus

Quote from: Ingix on 28 July 2017, 01:54:26 PM
But nobody ever mentioned or complained that they cannot actually choose that card which gets 'shown' to their opponents.
It's the card you click last. But as far as I know, you can't influence which card from your hand ends up on top of the discard pile in clean-up. This sometimes gives away terminal collision on turn 3 or so.

AdamH

Quote from: AdamH on 28 July 2017, 05:35:14 AM
The game rules are pretty clear about what is allowed in the game, I don't see any reason why the default behavior of the online app shouldn't get as close as possible to the game rules.

As a side note, the game rules also say that when you discard a bunch of cards at once (e.g.: Cellar), your opponent only gets to see the top card in your discard pile. This rule is painstakingly taken care of in the log ('XXX discarded 3 cards and an Estate') and AFAIK also in the animations. But nobody ever mentioned or complained that they cannot actually choose that card which gets 'shown' to their opponents.

I talked about it here in terms of cards in players' hands. From a user's perspective it's exactly the same issue.

As yet another thing, if I play Village, then Torturer IRL, you may discard down to 3, but still Moat my Witch. IRL, I do not know if you have Moat after the Torturer is handled. In the online version, if I get to draw my three Torturer cards immediately I know you have no Reaction card. If I don't, then I know you have one, even if you decide not to use it at that point in time.

Quote from: AdamH on 18 December 2016, 03:32:21 PM
My opponent plays a Gladiator, revealing a Silver. I don't have a Silver in my hand, the info box says "pretend to think"

I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Lots of trivial decisions where there is only one option are made for me automagically, why not this one? I mean, every time my opponent plays an attack and I don't have a Moat in hand (Moat is on the board, let's say) I'm assuming I don't get the chance to pretend to think here. I think this is one of those decisions that can easily be made for you.

2. Let's say you decide to keep this the way it is: I don't think "pretend to think" is the right thing to put in that info box. That box has been extremely helpful for me to figure out where things are; notably in that when I don't know what's happening, I know I can look at that box and have it tell me where on the screen to look to respond to whatever is happening. "Pretend to think" doesn't accomplish this.

Ingix

I didn't read much from before the public start of the game, under the assumption that what was said about the beta version might not be relevant for the "1.0" version. Of course, as with all software, changes often need lots of effort to implement.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 28 July 2017, 04:04:35 PM
I didn't read much from before the public start of the game, under the assumption that what was said about the beta version might not be relevant for the "1.0" version. Of course, as with all software, changes often need lots of effort to implement.

Is there some kind of database that holds all of the improvements people have suggested here? A lot of these types of suggestions that I and other people have made are really important, even if they are complex issues. Who is the one that decides which suggestions are just tossed aside and ignored?