"Disconnectors"

Previous topic - Next topic

tdellaringa

Cousins to the slow rollers. This guy has done it twice to me now. Disconnects right away, and I have to sit there. What is worse, the game does not give me the option to make him resign - I waited 10+ minutes. So *I* had to resign, and take the hit on my rating - and waste my time.

I know this is an issue Stef doesn't want to deal with, but something needs to be done. It's getting out of hand.

Stef

Quote from: tdellaringa on 26 July 2017, 10:01:08 PM
I know this is an issue Stef doesn't want to deal with, but something needs to be done. It's getting out of hand.

Why would I not want to deal with this?

It sure sounds like a bug, just a particularly hard one to track down and my attempts so far have failed. I don't think your opponent is doing it on purpose. Regardless, the system should give you the option to resign him.

livresque

Just started a game when the other player offered to disconnect to give me the win.  User name was not very creative about this purpose, and per the recent announcement, I resigned and hit block, but then I took the ratings hit.  Wheels within wheels.

jsh

Quote from: livresque on 28 July 2017, 09:22:14 AM
Just started a game when the other player offered to disconnect to give me the win.  User name was not very creative about this purpose, and per the recent announcement, I resigned and hit block, but then I took the ratings hit.  Wheels within wheels.

To reiterate, you are not actually taking a "ratings hit" by doing this. Once the person has been banned, your rating will readjust (12 AM London time, I believe). (This account has in fact been banned)

Stef

Quote from: jsh on 28 July 2017, 11:11:22 AM
(12 AM London time, I believe)

It's 0:00 UTC. During winter that's the same as 12 AM London time, but London in fact does use summertime whereas UTC does not (London is now UTC+1).

AdrianHealey

http://imgur.com/a/77Bu7

This lovely fellow had this interesting thing to say.

First he threatened to slow roll, than he said it was just a joke and than he said I should take the win, but than he disconnected, making me have to resign him. I am ok with that, it's just a tiny bit rude.

santamonica811

Adrian,
How did you do that screen grab with the link?  Is that easy to do?

AdrianHealey

I just use command-shift-4 (on a mac) and than upload it to imgur. It's really easy.

santamonica811

Thanar

Quote from: josh bornstein on 05 August 2017, 09:15:19 PM
. . . and on a PC??
Press the "PrtSc" key (short for "print screen") located in the upper-right corner of your keyboard. This captures a screenshot of your entire display and puts it on the pasteboard. On a laptop, you will likely have to hold down the function key (Fn) when you press PrtSc. There will be no indication the screenshot has been taken.

Then just paste the screenshot into an application (like Paint or MS Word) with Ctrl-v (the paste command).

jsh

Alt + prtscr takes a shot of just the current window.

With that said, it is sufficient to blacklist these users. Posting screenshots is just giving them attention.