Duration Attacks Should Be Eminently Visible

Previous topic - Next topic

Cave-O-Sapien

This is getting really old. Duration attacks such as Enchantress and Swamp Hag should be visible in the main play area.

These are important modifiers of the current player's turn, and as such they should be front and center.

It's been MONTHS now that we've been requesting this.

dane

Failing having them visible (it might well be that the reason we've been waiting so long is that making them visible would require a major revamp of the display), it would be useful if a pop-up appeared at the start of one's turn that said things like (I'm sure there's a better phrasing for most of these):

• First action played will be a cantrip (Enchantress)
  • First draw will be null (-1 card token)
  • First coin earned will be nullified (-1 coin token)
  • For each card bought you will gain N Curses (Swamp Hag(s))
  • Cards in hand at end of turn will be top-decked if you have bought a card (Haunted Woods)
so that the effects of the invisible duration attacks etc were brought to one's attention.

Jacob Marley

I'm slowly learning to routinely mouse over my opponent's name to look at duration's in play.  Not the ideal solution, but if you can train yourself, it helps some.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Jacob Marley on 07 August 2017, 09:32:24 PM
I'm slowly learning to routinely mouse over my opponent's name to look at duration's in play.  Not the ideal solution, but if you can train yourself, it helps some.

What if there was a small orange card-shaped icon in the player box that indicated there was at least one duration card in play? In many games that is all the indication you need, and in those where it's still ambiguous, you could mouse-over or look at the log.

TimSharrock

the icon would at least be some help for those of us playing on touch-screen devices, where mouse-over is not possible

markus