Pirate ship not working in game with Lord Rat

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game 5593594.

Bought Pirate Ship.
Each time I play it, the game log shows it being played, but never shows any "reaction" from opponent.  The log should show what coin was revealed by opponent, or "opponent reveals Dutchy and Militia" (etc), or, 'opponent reveals and defends with Moat' or something along those lines.

But the game log showed nothing.  Never any response from Lord Rat at all.  My turn just continued.  Tried this on turns 6, 7, 8, and 9.  Then, I gave up and just Upgraded the PS to a 5 card.

In real games, PS is a card I almost never play.  So, I am unsure of how PS is working in actual games.  Hopefully, this is a bug limited to Lord Rat games, or to this particular game.

fisherman

I think you've got the wrong log number. The game you listed doesn't contain Pirate Ship. Or did you mean Ghost Ship?

santamonica811

Fisher,
Darn, I must have written down the number incorrectly.  Was definitely talking about P. Ship.  :-(

Ingix

Quote from: josh bornstein on 31 July 2017, 10:43:12 PM
Bought Pirate Ship.
Each time I play it, the game log shows it being played, but never shows any "reaction" from opponent.  The log should show what coin was revealed by opponent, or "opponent reveals Dutchy and Militia" (etc), or, 'opponent reveals and defends with Moat' or something along those lines.

If you choose the "Attack"-mode for Pirate Ship (meaning you want opponent to reveal 2 cards and for you to potentially get a Coin token to your Pirate Ship mat), then the log *does* list what was revealed/trashed/discarded. From a test game:

Turn 4 - Ingix
I plays a Pirate Ship.
  Lreveals a Copper and an Estate.
  L trashes a Copper.
  L discards an Estate.

Turn 5 - Ingix
I plays a Pirate Ship.
  L reveals a Copper and a Gold.
  L trashes a Gold.
  L discards a Copper.

If you choose the "Profit"-mode (meaning you want to generate coin for the turn), then you are right that
nothing specifically is printed. It's been criticized, but at least at the moment AFAIK the log never says anything about coins. For example, when you play Milita, the log will say that 2 cards are discarded by opponent (and name the one that ends up on top), but will not mention the 2 coins generated for you. Since all Pirate Ship does is generate coins in that mode, the log will not say anything more.

For Moat, I could not get the AI to actually use the Moat as reaction when I played an attack (I knew it had the Moat because in quite a few cases it played it for card draw on its next turn). But when I blocked opponent's attack with my Moat, the log looked like this (from another test game):

Turn 3 - Lord Rattington
L plays a Militia.
  I reacts with a Moat.

But the game log showed nothing.  Never any response from Lord Rat at all.  My turn just continued.  Tried this on turns 6, 7, 8, and 9.  Then, I gave up and just Upgraded the PS to a 5 card.

In real games, PS is a card I almost never play.  So, I am unsure of how PS is working in actual games.  Hopefully, this is a bug limited to Lord Rat games, or to this particular game.

Unfortunately, as the game number seems to be lost, I can only guess what happened: That each time in those turns 6-9 you played the Pirate Ship for "Profit" (coins), which results in the log just stating "XYZ plays a Pirate Ship." If you did not play it for "Attack" (generate coin tokens on Pirate Ship mat) previously, or if those attacks failed to create coins because opponent did not reveal any Treasure with it, then you would have added 0 coins to your turn balance, which looks like nothing happened.

santamonica811

Nope.  I had never played P. Ship before in that game, so I was always attacking.  Hence my surprise when nothing was showing in the log.

A real mystery . . . a shame I did not carefully write down the game number. 

(Nice suggestion for ShuffeiT:  For each person, have a list of the ID numbers for "last 10 games" so that it would be easy to recover after the fact.)

therem.harth

Quote from: fisherman on 02 August 2017, 11:59:00 PM
ID numbers for recent games are available here: http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/
This was a bot game, so it was not rated. I think that site only has rated games.