Game does not end after last colony is bought and i hit end turn

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Honda

In game #5637757 on frankfurt on my turn 21 i bought the last colony and hit "end turn" to end my turn and the game. After hitting the button it disappeared but the game did not end. I was still able to chat with the other player who had the same issue.

I then requested an undo and he could see that, but i cancelled it and when trying to request it again to repeat the last colony buy the undo request did not work anymore.
My opponent then tried to resign but i dont know if that worked for them. For me it didnt, I'm still in the game but they disconnected/reconnected and then left the table. I want to try kicking them via the idle timer but i dont know if it will show up, so far it hasn't.

I also noticed after some page reloads that i had still 2 buys (and $0) left and the little "+" sign on copper indicated i could buy them. I tried that and the game froze, but after reloading i had only 1 buy left and the log showed me having bought a copper. I repeated that for another copper, dropping me down to 0 buys but that also didn't end the game, it just showed a new hand when i reloaded after the second copper freeze (presumably the one i wouldve been dealt next turn)

Edit:
I went off to do something else and stayed logged in in that game for about 45 minutes. When I came back, it didn't show the "make opponent resign" dialog but instead after reloading the page my opponents name had changed to "UNKNOWN_2410". I tried resigning but that didn't get me out of the game either. In the end i kicked myself from the login screen via "kick and resign" and that worked.

vinay

I also ended up in this broken state in game #5903039. I have been in this game for more than 12 hours now, and was unable to resign the game or anything from in there. Only kick & resign from the login page worked (thanks for posting your solution there.)

E.Honda

I reencountered this bug in a botgame, #6006066 on tokyo. This time emptying the last province didn't end the game, apart from that its the same, with freeze and hand for next turn dealt on reload while province pile sits at 0.

Edit:
Resigning via the ingame "resign" button worked this time though.

Ingix

Are you sure that is the right game? It ends in your turn 5, with no Province taken yet.

E.Honda

I am pretty sure it was this game, I copied the # directly from ingame log and was excited that it was only 0s and 6s so it should be this one :D I also reloaded it and for me it also ends on turn 5 now, but i definitely played that game to the end. Seems like the log is broken I don't know if that's in any way related to the end-of-game bug

E.Honda

Somehow this bug seems to have begun to pursue me, at least in my bot games :D Encountered it in #6221180 on tokyo. Same as last time, reloading the page shows all provinces bought out and the hand of the start of my next turn, while displaying "Waiting for E.Honda", even though it should be the bots turn. Resigning the game worked for me. Maybe the game log is broken again, like last time.

I made a screenshot of the frozen game that I'm gonna attach, in case that helps in any way. Maybe there will be enough data produced from my bot games to pin this bug down eventually ;D

Ingix

And again the game log is shorted (last entry is in your turn 10). This and the previous game both contain Donate, Black Market and Page.

The 'Reshuffling Black Market deck' entry at the end of your log is what catches my suspicion most, because it is (I think) a rare occurance (20 Black Market uses), so any errors lurking there may not have the chance to be seen very often.

Puk

#6529544 on tokyo
i was clearly losing, and tabbing out as my opponent was buying the last provinces. i returned a couple minutes later, and see that he resigned and he had said in chat "game doesn't end".  when i hit "continue against bots", i returned to an earlier turn. (where i just played black market i think)