Teacher +action to Giant bug

Previous topic - Next topic

filbert66

When I added +Action to Giant with Teacher, the game did not apply the attack part of Giant on repeated plays, though it did assign +5 coins. See attached game log-- oops, no, the paste buffer got overwritten.

Similarly, when I used King's Court on a Bridge, it played the bridge 3 times, gave me 3 buys, but did not reduce the price of items 3x -1 as if I had played 3 Bridges.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting this, filbert66. In such cases, it helps immensely if you can provide the game number of the game(s) that had this problem. This way we can find out if it's really a bug or something else happened that the players were not aware of (like an Enchantress messing up a turn). The game number is the first thing that gets added to the chat window and the game log when the game starts.

It seems like your latest rated games were more than a week ago, so I assume it was a later, unrated game. So I cannot look at your game and have to try to recreate the situations.

I tested the Teacher/Giant interaction first. In my game there was no problem with the 'attack' part. I tested 2 Giants in a turn both with the Journey token starting the turn face up and face down. I also played 3 Giants in a turn with the Journey token starting face down, so this should create 2 instances where the Journey token ends being flipped up and hence 'attacking' twice. No problem, see the log:

Turn 27 - Ingix
I plays a Giant.
  I gets +1 Action (from Teacher)
  I flips Journey token face up.
  L reveals a Copper.
  L discards a Copper.
  L gains a Curse.
I plays a Giant.
  I flips Journey token face down.
I plays a Giant. 
  I flips Journey token face up.
  L reveals a Silver.
  L trashes a Silver.

The King's Court - Bridge interaction also worked as it should, see attached screenshot. Did you maybe use Highway instead of Bridge? In that case, due to the wording, it would be correct to not have the cost reduction applied twice.