Black market with venture and Horn of plenty discards black market cards

Previous topic - Next topic

katie_mi

I played Black market, then I was shown the three cards. I played my other treasures and then venture. Venture triggered Horn of Plenty. I was offered to choose a card for horn of plenty, but the black market cards were gone and I could no longer buy though I had enough money (no debts either). Fortunately, I could undo and buy from black market without playing venture.
game #5680472 on tokyo.

Ingix

I think you gave up a second to early!
I tried to replicate the situation and could in game 5681916, decision 134:

Hand with Black Market and Venture, only card in deck is Horn of Plenty. Play Black Market, you get shown the 3 cards from the Black Market deck. When you now play the Venture, the 3 cards from the Black Market deck vanish from the UI, while the Horn of Plenty is played and you are asked what card costing up to 3 you want to gain for Horn of Plenty (the usual "+" signs on the available cards appear). Once you do that, the 3 cards from the Black Market deck reappear and can be bought!

The log of that turn:

Turn 16 - Ingix
I plays a Black Market.
  I reveals a Familiar, a Mandarin and a Forager.
  I plays a Venture.
    I reveals a Horn of Plenty.
    I plays a Horn of Plenty.
      I gains an Urchin.
  I gains a Forager.
  I puts a Familiar and a Mandarin on the bottom of the Black Market Deck.
I shuffles their deck.
I draws a Chapel, a Horn of Plenty, a Forager and 2 Urchins.

katie_mi

It was different when I played that hand. I got a card for Horn, but the black market cards did NOT reappear. They were discarded as it happens when you have debt or something else prevents you from buying though this was not the case. I could NOT buy a card from the market and could only have bought from the normal supply.

Ingix

Sorry, I completely overlooked that you gave a game number.

I loaded that game and everything worked as it should in your turn 20, when I played the Venture as the (only) treasure while resolving Black Market, getting a Horn of Plenty with it. Then I tried all the possible gains for Horn of Plenty, and after each the game showed me the 3 cards from the Black Market deck to buy.

Did you possibly try to get a Border Village with Horn of Plenty? Then the game wants you to first choose a card to gain costing less than Border Village before you can proceed to buy from the Black Market pile. Since it puts lots of little "+" signs on the cards, it may look like at first glance that you have advanced to the buy phase already, and maybe that threw you off. Once you select a card to gain (I choose Duchy), the game goes on an you can buy from the black market deck.