How do I report a player?

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterTwo

I just had to resign a game because one of the players was so slow.  I asked him why - I asked to resign - the other player with us also quit because of this.  I need to report the offender.

jsh

You should have a message in your Inbox when you log in about what to do. If a player does this, resign to him and blacklist him (with the lightning bolt icon). Banned users do not get counted on the leaderboard, and we can investigate to find users to ban if you blacklist them.

ToasterTwo

I don't have an email re this in my inbox.

Mic Qsenoch

Quote from: ToasterTwo on 10 August 2017, 11:35:06 PM
I don't have an email re this in my inbox.

It's in the in-game message system, when you log into dominion.games in the bottom right corner there's an "Inbox". It should be there unless it's been deleted.

iremio

Hi,

I do want to report a player (Jaime Lannister-Game #7438244). He didn't approve my winning strategy, and he started swearing. He admitted that he plays slowly to make me angry. I make him resign and add him/her to the blacklist.

santamonica811

Can someone give the step-by-step instructions for loading a particular game (such as was referenced, above)?

Ingix

You can load a game as follows (fast):

- Go to "New Table", then press the "Load Old Game" button.
- Enter the game number, e.g. 7438244 (don't use the #), press "Load Game"
- Press the "Add Bot" button until it vanishes (to make sure that this new game has the same number of players as the game to be loaded)
- Press the "Ready" button (down below) and the game will load

Additional things:
- To make sure that you see the game from the postion of the player you are interested in, press the "Player Order" button. Normally this is set to "Random", if you remove that checkbox, you get a list of current players on the left, in my case it would be "Ingix" for myself and "Lord Rattington" for the bot. On the right is the list of players of the original game. Use the up and down buttons to align as you require.

- Once you have loaded the game, there will also be a decision number, in this case 322. The game is made of decisions by both players, and apparently 322 of them were made in this game. The game clients defaults to load at the end of the game. If you want to load the game at an earlier time, just edit the *left* decision number, then press "Load Game" (now the *right* number should change to what you have just edited the left number to). If you want to start the game , press "Ready". For example, if you load at decision 0 you are at the start of the game.

santamonica811

You can load a game as follows (fast):

- Go to "New Table", then press the "Load Old Game" button.
- Enter the game number, e.g. 7438244 (don't use the #), press "Load Game"
- Press the "Add Bot" button until it vanishes (to make sure that this new game has the same number of players as the game to be loaded)
- Press the "Ready" button (down below) and the game will load

Additional things:
- To make sure that you see the game from the postion of the player you are interested in, press the "Player Order" button. Normally this is set to "Random", if you remove that checkbox, you get a list of current players on the left, in my case it would be "Ingix" for myself and "Lord Rattington" for the bot. On the right is the list of players of the original game. Use the up and down buttons to align as you require.

- Once you have loaded the game, there will also be a decision number, in this case 322. The game is made of decisions by both players, and apparently 322 of them were made in this game. The game clients defaults to load at the end of the game. If you want to load the game at an earlier time, just edit the *left* decision number, then press "Load Game" (now the *right* number should change to what you have just edited the left number to). If you want to start the game , press "Ready". For example, if you load at decision 0 you are at the start of the game.

Ing.,
Thanks for the help.  But it does not work.

I can load the game.  But it only lets me play the game (in this case, against Lord Rat).  I do not want that . . . I want to see the game that was played already.  I cannot deselect myself and select the two original players.  (I can, following your directions to use the up/down arrows, change the order between me and Lord Rat).  But since I cannot select the original players, once I hit 'load game' and then "ready," it just brings up the original deck and let's me play that game from the beginning. 

I must be missing an important step.

santamonica811

Ing,
Never mind...the second time I tried the same steps, it brought up the already-played game (but subbing in my name and Lord Rat's name).  But it did let me see all the original moves, which is what I wanted.

Odd that it did not work the first time.  What a weird bug.

Chioluna

Today i made a really ugly experience with a player called "gronkel".
After few minutes he started insulting me with badest words in german.
I didn't react, made instead some screenshots and put him on the blacklist. What to do other?
This way i really don't want to play!! :(

Chioluna

I try to attach my word-doc to make you see my screenshots. That s really terrifying!

Ingix

@Chioluna: If you want to show screenshots, show screenshots (pictures). I'm not going to open a Word document, a format which is notorious for being able to contain viruses.

Chioluna

I'm so sorry, am really a "newbie"  ;D

Ingix

Rereading my post, it comes out more angry than it should have been. I apologize!

Thanks for posting the screenshot.

Oyvind

I want to report a player who was really impatient. We played 3p, and the third player in our game was probably a bit slower than me, and I was probably a bit slower than the impatient guy. I think his use of language would've been kind of OK, if anyone was using more than a minute or two per turn on average, but my guess is the most time anyone used on any of their turns was about 20-30 seconds. I hope it's possible to find how long each turn lasted, so that I can prove my point, but I can tell you that it wasn't any slower than a regular game. If not for his continuous 'shouting', I guess I wouldn't even start thinking about it as a slow game. #8112202 on frankfurt, it became #8112487 after he left. He even wrote his own countdown before he left...