How do I report a player?

Previous topic - Next topic

glowkat

Is there a way to report player after missing lighting bolt?

markus

In the Friend List tab, there is also the blacklist. If you know the player's name, you can add them there, which has the same effect as clicking the lightning bolt.

dextrapucnh

Can I report a player?
I was playing with this guy I copied the number of the game: #9725894

Alas I do not have screenshots for as I came back the page reloaded itself, but he started calling me "idiot" and "sore loser" just because I allowed myself to say he was particularly lucky in a game (which indeed was!).

I know it's not classy to call your opponent lucky, but he was for games in a row and I felt like it was ok just to write it with a smile so that he could understand I wasn't angry about that... but I don't think it's allowed to call people names or insult here.

Let me know. Thanks.

jsh

Quote from: dextrapucnh on 17 December 2017, 01:59:07 PM
Can I report a player?
I was playing with this guy I copied the number of the game: #9725894

Alas I do not have screenshots for as I came back the page reloaded itself, but he started calling me "idiot" and "sore loser" just because I allowed myself to say he was particularly lucky in a game (which indeed was!).

I know it's not classy to call your opponent lucky, but he was for games in a row and I felt like it was ok just to write it with a smile so that he could understand I wasn't angry about that... but I don't think it's allowed to call people names or insult here.

Let me know. Thanks.

Don't take it personally. This guy is a troll who registers multiple accounts to avoid bans. Just blacklist and move on.

dextrapucnh

I would like to report the player NOSPECIALCHARACTERS who in game #10644542 asked for a UNDO after he used an Hamlet (+1 card) so I said no, and he started to call me names like d*ck dumb*ss and so on.

I have blacklisted the guy but it would be useful to have him banned.

tufftaeh

Are you certain that he didn't only want to modify his discard decision? Sometimes it's tricky to see which decision exactly the opponent wants to undo. (Of course, foul language is never aceeptable anyway.)

blamelewis

Hey dextrapunch - I had a similar experience recently (with a rather less rude player, but rude nonetheless) and there's a thread about undos which discusses it here:
http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=2709.0

- it contains a good discussion of the ways the interface can mislead about undos., that certainly seemed to be what happened to me, and Hamlet is quoted as an example of a card that is often misleading in the interface for undos (especially since it's interface changed!)

Understanding that the interface can be misleading can help, although I think the Undo system is very much adding to the problems. Of course there's no excuse for rudeness and you're never obliged to grant an undo!

best

Tim

rachele

I'd like to report the player "sixtn".
Here is the chat conversation, before he just stopped playing:
"Joining game #10949239 on oregon.
sixtn:  comed
sixtn:  comedy
sixtn:  cheater
sixtn:  bitch
rachele:  why?
sixtn:  cheater
rachele:  you're being pretty rude
sixtn:  i draw only jahrmarkt or smith and u draw what u whant
rachele:  that's bad luck
sixtn:  mhm
sixtn:  thats not havong cheat
rachele:  as it pleases you
sixtn:  haha u one witch have 3 and i have 7
sixtn:  sucker joe
sixtn:  sucker sucker sucker
sixtn:  schwuchtel
rachele:  insulting me won't change your score
sixtn:  dreckiger cheater bist du sonst garnichts
rachele:  ok
rachele:  I will just report you then"

blamelewis

Hi rachele,

sorry you had to suffer that abuse - you should add the player to your blacklist if you didn't already and you could send the details in your post to stef (the admin here) via a direct message on this forum.

Let us know here if you need any specific help with those steps.
Best wishes
Tim

jsh

I took care of that user today.