Inheritance on Fortress + Transmute

Previous topic - Next topic

nidzela

hello,
it has taken a while to be able to report this bug, so i've forgotten some details about it.
possibly it has something in common with the other few ones about inheritance, but it might be different.

on game #3598661 i inherited fortress, so estates could be transmuted into gold + duchy and additionally returned to my hand. but on decision ~270 my first try on this went wrong, something collapsed, and we could not end the game.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting this!

I loaded your game and indeed the problem you described happened (the game froze with the red "X" over the chosen-for-Transmute-trashing Estate). On hitting the page reload button on Firefox, the game had advanced to returning the Estate to my hand (both visually and in the log):

I plays a Transmute.
  I trashes an Estate.
    I puts an Estate into their hand.

However in the central information area and the log it says then "Waiting for Ingix." (me), but I'm not given anything to do.

Then I made a new game with Transmute, Fortress and Inheritance and in this new game the effect worked: I got the Estate back to my hand and got a Duchy and a Gold. So maybe

1) there is something else going on in game #3598661 that causes the bug, or
2) since #3598661 is from an older version of the software, the reload feature may not fully work and the reason why the game originally crashed on you is 'hidden' somewhere in the data structures that make up the log.