FYI : Infinite turn-passing is cut off by server

Previous topic - Next topic

yooyou7

Disclaimer : This experiment was held by me and my friend that I know outside of the game (hoonjaeori). There was no intention on trying to overload the server or whatsoever, though I do admit I was worried about the consequences if it happened. Both games were on unrated. This experiment was held purely for curiosity.

This experiment was held based on debt's system : if you have no treasures and debt remaining, the game automatically skips the buy phase.

We ran the experiment on two games : #5894839, and #5895422.
First one consists of us two playing normally, then me (yooyou7) reaching for highest score possible (at that point), and then donating all my deck to see what happens.
Second one is more complicated; we add in princes and temples to see what happens if there is an (automatic) step in between each.

Turns out that the server "cuts off" after going off for some time. First game was cut off at Turn 112, and second game was cut off at Turn 42.

(Again, just posting this for the curiosity. Sorry if it caused any problems in the server internally..)

AdamH

Infinite loops are really hard to detect (impossible, actually).

So if you have no treasures or Actions in hand, and you have debt, will the game ask you for any inputs, or will it skip to your opponent's turn?

yooyou7

It skips to opponent's turn automatically. After the first experiment, the game seemed to halt (instantly skipping both players), and progress was seen only after refreshing.