Random Card Picking Event and Landmarks

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanuman

Hello,

I got a question of how are landmarks and events are picked in when i want to play with totally random cards (like in the most rated games). I got a kindom lately with no cards of adventures or empires and i got 2 landmarks in the kingdom. I even recognise that there are a lot of games with landmarks in the game, but i very little with platinum and shelters, which are depending on the Dark Ages kingdom cards or the prosperitiy kingdom cards.

Are the landmarks and events get choosen completly random, despite the deck does not have any cards of Adventures and Empires in it ?

In my personal opinion i think events and especially landmarks have to much influence on the kingdom. And i get "forced" to deal with Wolfden or Obelisk. I really like the Idea of Landmarks and Events, i will often use this in games, not only because i was forced to use it, but i really would enjoy it, if there are in totally random games would not apear so much.

Sorry because of my english, im not a native speaker.

Thx for answer my question.

drsteelhammer

You're right, Events and Landmarks don't have a direct link to Adventures/Empires like Colony has to Prosperity.

Imagine Shuffling all the Events and Landmarks (about 54) into the rndomizer pile of all kingdom cards (about 263). Then you pick cards until you have 10 Kingdom cards. This means that right now, it's very likely that you get atleast 1 Landscape into your game (about 86% if I remember correctly).

Beyond Awesome

Even though Landmarks and Events do show up often the odds of saying any given one are actually pretty rare. Odds of seeing any kingdom card are 1 in 26 games and the odds of a specific Event/Landmark is 1 in 40 games, so if anything, they don't show up enough.