Problem after buying Villa, not playing it, 0 buys but coins available

Previous topic - Next topic

dane

See game 6137525, decision 70.

This bug seems to be an odd corner case of a Buy phase with zero buys but with coins available to spend.

I had just bought a Villa so had been returned to my Action phase.  As I did not have any use for the $1, the actions or the buy from Villa, I didn't play it.  Instead I clicked on 'End Actions'.  I now found myself in the Buy phase with zero buys.  The 'End Turn' option was not available and the Buy phase did not immediately end.  I have two reasons to believe that that was because there were coins available to spend:

• When I spent them, the phase and the turn did end.
  • If I reload the game at decision 69 and spend all the coins before buying Villa, the turn does end when I then click on 'End Actions'.

Ingix

It seems to be more of an UI oddity that there is no "End Turn" button.

It may not make strategic sense to convert coin *tokens* into coins when you have no buys, but the game rules allow that and so does the game client.

I'm not sure if you're aware, you can get out of that buy phase with no loss of coin tokens by moving the slider of the 'coin token converter' to the left and then click the '0 token' button.

WhiteRabbit1981

QuoteIt may not make strategic sense to convert coin *tokens* into coins when you have no buys,
edge case: Possession

dane

Quote from: Ingix on 21 August 2017, 01:03:09 PM
I'm not sure if you're aware, you can get out of that buy phase with no loss of coin tokens by moving the slider of the 'coin token converter' to the left and then click the '0 token' button.
I wasn't aware of that.  I knew that after selecting any other number of tokens (other than the full amount) one was given the opportunity to select tokens again.  I hadn't realised that '0' was taken as a definitive answer.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 22 August 2017, 10:29:58 AM
QuoteIt may not make strategic sense to convert coin *tokens* into coins when you have no buys,
edge case: Possession

This could almost be a bot response.