News:

SMF - Just Installed!

waiting forever

Previous topic - Next topic

sisif

I played rogue, the opponent disconnected while being given the option to choose what to trash. I've been waiting for at least 15 minutes for the game to force a resign, and it looks like it is stuck like that. I reconnected, so it is not my connection that is the issue.

sisif

Game #6203439 on tokyo, in case it helps. Still keeping that tab open.

MusicalRose

I also just had someone disconnect right before I was going to win, and it's been about a half an hour now and I don't want to resign and it hasn't asked if I want to make them resign yet.  #6212851 on frankfurt

This is pretty frustrating.

MusicalRose

Ended up resigning so I could play some more.  This is not a great bug to allow to persist when there are predatory users that will take advantage of it.

Edit:  User was Auralay.  I've blacklisted them, but if there's any kind of accountability system, it would be nice to have that logged.

WhiteRabbit1981

hint: its not liked here to see "shame and blame" with account names.

There are two possibilitys:

1) he/she did it on purpose and will do it again.
Solution: Blacklist the player, if you are really sore write a PM to a moderator. If a player gets blacklisted alot, someone from ShuffleIT will investigate that account. If a pattern like repeated dissconnets before loosing shows, the account gets banned - and you get your lost ranking points back!

2) he/she did NOT do it on purpose
well ... you can not know. You can still blacklist him/her to be sure. You will do no harm, as there will be no repeated violations on the account. A bit of your ranking is lost, but it could also happen to you to loose your internet connetion during a close game.

sisif

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 23 August 2017, 07:35:16 AM

Solution: Blacklist the player

Actually the solution is for the bug to be fixed. It does not matter what an user does, if he/she is able to abuse a bug, the bug itself should be fixed. I see the game is still active and no offer to resign the player appears 12 hours later.

Stef

Quote from: sisif on 23 August 2017, 08:56:27 AM
Actually the solution is for the bug to be fixed. It does not matter what an user does, if he/she is able to abuse a bug, the bug itself should be fixed. I see the game is still active and no offer to resign the player appears 12 hours later.

Sorry about that. Fix was pushed to prod ~20 min ago.

MusicalRose

I'll keep it in mind about the "Shame and Blame," but I'm fairly new to the forums and there's no intuitive way to "Report" a player through the actual game.  I'm glad that someone who is regularly blacklisted will be investigated, that's good to know.  However, as someone who has done moderation for various things before, it's good to have as much detail as possible, especially if there is record-keeping.  I'll try to keep it to private messages from now on with actual user names.