Deck Tracker App

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyond Awesome

So, a couple of months ago, I played someone and at the end of the game, in the log it displayed he had a deck tracker. Essentially, he used it several times to keep track of what was in my deck. During the game, he was able to keep this secret. Does anyone know about this? Did the person make this himself? Is something like this floating out there, and if so how many people are using it. I won that game, but I had no notice at all or my permission that he was using this app to track my deck.

I can't remember who the player was. And, I did not say anything at the time because I was not playing Dominion much, but I was kind of surprised that this thing existed.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: Beyond Awesome on 23 August 2017, 08:23:21 PM
So, a couple of months ago, I played someone and at the end of the game, in the log it displayed he had a deck tracker. Essentially, he used it several times to keep track of what was in my deck. During the game, he was able to keep this secret. Does anyone know about this? Did the person make this himself? Is something like this floating out there, and if so how many people are using it. I won that game, but I had no notice at all or my permission that he was using this app to track my deck.

I can't remember who the player was. And, I did not say anything at the time because I was not playing Dominion much, but I was kind of surprised that this thing existed.

I've never seen this, but I'm not at all surprised it exists.

E.Honda

I have also never seen this, but it shouldn't be too hard to make right? Why was it displayed in the log though? How can that deck-tracker app also manipulate the log at the end of game and why should it do that? That's strange.

markus

I'm not using it, so I'm not sure, but my guess is http://windominion.com/
As far as I know, this would only show the evolution of decks AFTER the game, so it wouldn't be cheating. And it would make sense that the plugin promotes itself.

Beyond Awesome

markus, I'm pretty sure it's not that app.

meathead40

Just curious - how would having this data real time really give an opponent a strong edge?  VP counter shows the victory points.  I guess it could be a slight advantage but curious to hear feedback..

E.Honda

Quote from: meathead40 on 26 August 2017, 02:41:55 AM
Just curious - how would having this data real time really give an opponent a strong edge?  VP counter shows the victory points.  I guess it could be a slight advantage but curious to hear feedback..

Knowing what is in the remainder of your/your opponents deck is important for assessing the strength of your/your opponents upcoming turns, i.e. how much they are able to do or if they're gonna have a dud turn. Of course you could also do that in your mind but using an app is easier and gives you more time to concentrate on other aspects. Especially in the end game you should be able to make more clutch decisions, where knowing that your opponent is likely to have a bad turn upcoming is very valuable information as to what you should buy or how you should play it out.

Icehawk78

For reference - the extension that was mentioned in this post was almost certainly my own King's Courtier.

It did display the deck contents at the end of a game in the chat, but the extension does not (without modification) enable the user to view that mid-game. Additionally, the extension itself does not track your deck, it simply at the end of the game displayed information that was already available. Mid-game, this information (on your opponent's deck, at least) is not available without extension log-parsing, which my extension has never done.

Let me know if there are any further questions I can help with!

UncleLion

Quote from: markus on 24 August 2017, 02:10:46 PM
I'm not using it, so I'm not sure, but my guess is http://windominion.com/

Is still work? Do you know any other site, program to analize old games?